1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Move the KR threads to the KR forum?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Cygnas, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Cygnas

Cygnas Guest

Can we get the KR threads in U.Hall moved to the UO Kingdom Reborn forum, please?

I was looking for a KR related post that I read a while back, still trying (albeit unsuccessfully) to get KR to run on my computer. Then I remembered to look in U.Hall, and it was there rather than in the KR forum.

Really, the KR sticky threads shouldn't be spread across different forums. So for the sake of consistency, can we move these sticky topics?

2. the problem is then one has to check all the forums.

3. Cygnas

Cygnas Guest

<blockquote><hr>

the problem is then one has to check all the forums.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is my point... I did have to check all the forums to find the KR post that I was looking for. If all KR related posts were actually in the UO Kingdom Reborn forum, then you would not have to check all the forums. You would just go to the KR forum, not U.Hall.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

ALL KR posts should be in the KR forum, but they dont get moved there. The technical term for this is "selective moderating".

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Are you sure?

UHall is "all things UO" and this includes KR, AFAIK...

6. Arcus

Arcus Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

7. Cygnas

Cygnas Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Are you sure?

[/ QUOTE ]

If that is the case, what is the point of having any other forum heading except U.Hall? Just post everything in U.Hall... then try finding anything.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Are you sure?

[/ QUOTE ]

Right I believe this is the issue. You are going to find KR posts riddled throughout the entire forum simply because it IS UO the KR section as far as I can tell is specifically for discussing things related to KR this does not mean that if you are talking about KR is HAS to be there just that you have a place where nothing BUT KR is discussed.

This had to be the way things were in the beginning of KR but do we really need a KR only forum today?

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Does this count as a KR thread?

10. Guest

Guest Guest

As well as this one and this one.
    Maybe Magdalene just missed reading Sheridan's post from Feb 3 on the state of UHall and how posts will be moved to their appropriate forums, which isn't really the case, as can easily be discerned from just a short glance over of the first page here on UHall. As Craftsman said, "selective moderating" at its best.

Guess your going to remove this post as well, Magdalene?

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Probably because detailed KR issues are moved to the specific forum, while major announcements and stickies stay here.

12. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

This had to be the way things were in the beginning of KR but do we really need a KR only forum today?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well let me ask you this... What if we just did away with your shard forum and just included you in with a group that was not exactly your style? I am a Moderator of the KR Forum and yes I would like to see more posts on that forum even though it would make me work a little harder But I also agree that U.Hall is everything UO. U.Hall to me is kind of like a really good soup or stew and all the other forums i.e. shard forums and expansion forums and such are like the ingrediants. With the right balance of ingrediants in one place it can make a totally awesome soup or stew. [​IMG] By the way I took 3 1/2 years of Culinary Arts and recieved a completion certificate hence the food analogy.

13. Cygnas

Cygnas Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Probably because detailed KR issues are moved to the specific forum, while major announcements and stickies stay here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if that is what was intended that is not what is happening. Look at the KR Custom UI, Part 1 thread... I would call that specific information. And there are stickies in every forum heading. And the Features: 2D vs KR is quite specific. I think that reasoning is flawed and it does make it harder for people like me to find useful info. But I do understand that your answer is "No."

If messages got moved to the proper forums, people would learn to post in those proper forums. It seems capricious when some posts are moved while others are not (especially rants). It was just a suggestion to help people like me who would think information on a particular topic would be found in the forums for that topic.

And yes, the KR forum does need to stay. After every KR patch, I go back through the posted suggestions for performance improvements hoping to get KR to run without crashing on my computer.

14. Arcus

Arcus Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

15. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Well let me ask you this... What if we just did away with your shard forum and just included you in with a group that was not exactly your style? I am a Moderator of the KR Forum and yes I would like to see more posts on that forum even though it would make me work a little harder But I also agree that U.Hall is everything UO. U.Hall to me is kind of like a really good soup or stew and all the other forums i.e. shard forums and expansion forums and such are like the ingrediants. With the right balance of ingrediants in one place it can make a totally awesome soup or stew. [​IMG] By the way I took 3 1/2 years of Culinary Arts and recieved a completion certificate hence the food analogy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes you could get rid of the LS forum I never read that or anything else except UHall and the pictures thread. You also blew what I wrote completely out of context. I was asking if we still even needed the forum for KR specifically not suggesting we remove it right this minute because it is worthless (even if that is what I believe)

16. Guest

Guest Guest

Replying to Arcus out of convience...

Some of you folks in this thread are borderline breaking a RoC.

<blockquote><hr>

Publicly discussing actions by the moderators is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to: bans, warnings, locks, and moved threads. Any inquiries or comments on bans, warnings, or other moderator actions, are to be sent in private messages or via email. A moderator may choose to publicly inform the participants of a forum about bans and warnings if this is in the interest of the forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please folks let us not have to lock or remove this thread.

17. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
    The bolded word in your quoted reply above the reason for this thread? Just think its kind of ironic with your choice of wording. [​IMG]

18. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Replying to Arcus out of convience...

Some of you folks in this thread are borderline breaking a RoC.

Publicly discussing actions by the moderators is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to: bans, warnings, locks, and moved threads. Any inquiries or comments on bans, warnings, or other moderator actions, are to be sent in private messages or via email. A moderator may choose to publicly inform the participants of a forum about bans and warnings if this is in the interest of the forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Allow me to translate this post for everyone. What mountaindew is actually saying is:

"The mods in general have absolutely been pwned in this thread and our inconsistent standard of moderating has been brought to light. You are forbidden to make us look bad and if it continues then I am going to remove the thread"

Seriously though Mountaindew, someone above suggested you guys have a meeting to sort this out and I'd tend to agree.

What cheeses people the most is inconsistent standards of moderating. You should at least agree a set of standards amongst yourselves so that moderation is done even handedly. This applies both to how you handle posts in general with regards to RoC breaches and postings in the wrong forum but also that all INDIVIDUALS are treated the same. This does not happen.

How you choose to moderate is not a great concern ... only that you apply a set of standaards that all moderators adhere to. You need to police yourselves better.

19. Cygnas

Cygnas Guest

Umm... this original posting was never intended to reflect on the moderators' actions. What I was asking for was a little help finding stuff for KR, instead of searching through several forums. It was intended to be a constructive suggestion... and not sure why anyone would take offense to that.