1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Movement Patch

Discussion in 'UHall' started by evadepvp, Jul 12, 2010.

1. evadepvp

evadepvp Guest

Was just wondering when movement comes in? I am from a small shard and can not wait until this goes live so i can join pacific.

2. RaDian FlGith

RaDian FlGith Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

What "movement patch" are you talking about? There's been no indication they'll be merging shards. If you want to transfer, there are character transfer tokens.

3. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I'm guessing this is due to some inaccurate information? There is no "movement" patch coming. You probably would just want to get a transfer token instead of waiting for this patch to come in, otherwise you will be waiting a long long time, lol.

4. Kiminality

Kiminality Guest

I believe "movement patch" relates to something that was mentioned by the devs, some weeks ago... Maybe months...
    I can't remember the details, and I can't find any reference to it, but it was something about altering the way movement was managed, or something.It was either to do with countering speedhacking, or the movement rate differences between the clients, if memory serves.

Edit: Oh, and I think there was something about the impact of lag, too.

5. HD2300

HD2300 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

see here http://www.uoherald.com/news/news.php?newsid=1018

6. Kiminality

Kiminality Guest

7. Saunders

Saunders Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

There was also some suggestion that a character might be copied from a production shard to test, based on some cliloc text in a recent patch.

8. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I think we did because I swear since it I have seen loads more people running on the spot when they have actually stopped moving.

And then people just gliding along surfaces, This is in 2d. EC seems fine.

9. Fink

Fink Guest

I noticed this too. Furthermore it seems to be only people using Classic that slide or walk on the spot. EC users observed from CC seem to be fine, anyone observed from EC are fine, but CC users observed in CC have issues.

10. Saunders

Saunders Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

So that was the funny running on the spot thing is about!

11. Kojak

Kojak Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

the running on the spot thing was from holding a lantern - the reason you saw so much of it recently was because of all the people holding the ricardo lanterns while they were doing the ricardo event quests