1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Moving Crate Question

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by csboard23, Jan 26, 2009.

1. csboard23

csboard23 Guest

Ok so Im a complete noob when it comes to all things housing and am still using an old school template instead of doing a custom home. Im about to place a house in a new location and had a question. When I place a new home, my current one goes into decay mode I believe? During this time, am I able to use the moving crate to move all of my items to my new home, or will I have to manually move them over? Also, if the new home I built is not e a custom home (I dont spend that much time on my home) does that change the answer? From the housing menu, it seems like the crate is only an option for custom homes, and Im not sure if the crate is specific to each house lot, or is account based. Thanks for any help and let me know if I need to clarify anything.
  2. Teeshy

Teeshy Guest

You have to manually move everything =)

The moving crate is pretty much only there for things that get "blocked" when you place new pieces of custom building from what I can tell (I havent seen it used for anythign else so far anyway!)

Like if you have a locked down box, and then customise and put a wall where the box was, the box gets moved to the moving crate =)
  3. csboard23

csboard23 Guest

Thanks for the quick response! Time to rethink moving...
  4. Teeshy

Teeshy Guest

Nah, doesn't take too much time really =) Lots of beetle trips is all ;)

I just moved out of a castle into a 18 x 18, only took a couple of days - coulda done it faster, but I didn't want to =P

You have I think 7 days? 5 days? to do it in =)
  5. rmjcsr

rmjcsr Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Mar 1, 2008
    well to heck with the beetles get 5 packies and gate em :) also anything that can be put into commodity deeds get a deed box and do it.I moved 800k worth of wood before deed boxes came out it sucked :)
  6. kray2s

kray2s Guest

pack horses are a good idea in tram however i would stick to beetles if moving to fel easier to keep 1 beetle alive with your stuff in than 5 pack horses.

But then thats my opinion based on the guess that a pvper would be able to loot a pack horse?