1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

MR Question

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Mikeltin5, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Mikeltin5

Mikeltin5 Journeyman

I've seen a lot on MR and med/non-med armor threads, but nothing set in stone so I was wondering....

I've got a nox/fencer/archer with a new suit coming out, and plan on having 5 pieces made with studded to get the 55lmc deal. When I made studded for my tamer to try and get the 55 lmc, I put 2 or 3 MR on each piece and regened like crap. I changed all the pieces over to Mage Armor and I was back to normal regen rates.

So the question becomes...I definitely want the 55lmc on this new suit. Will that make any MR I put on the suit pointless?

2. Tuan

Tuan Slightly Crazed

MR is never pointless. Studded armor is "non-meddable" which blocks your int based/JOAT based baseline meditation bonus to regen rate.

Over a short fight the 55 lmc is WAY better than having MR. Over a longer fight MR becomes better. The same is true for pure mages. The extra LMC gives you a bigger/better mana dump... but then takes you longer to regen it.

3. Mikeltin5

Mikeltin5 Journeyman

But there's a massive difference between opting out of MR on a suit or adding it...if the benefit of the MR is miniscule in comparison to what it costs to have on the suit...its not worth the points to have it on the suit. Is there a way to see what my suit would regen with and without MR on it to compare?

4. Tuan

Tuan Slightly Crazed

Please refer to the calculator here: http://uo.stratics.com/content/skills/meditation.php

In short: non-med armor blocks most of your passive "naked" med rate which comes from int + med skill. Having MR on the armor is a different piece of the equation.

Studded + MR > Studded w/o MR when it comes to regen rate.

Leather + 30 MR > Studded +30 MR when it comes rate, because Leather gets the baseline bonus for having >0 int.