1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Mud puppy and Red Herring

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Lady Lovely, Sep 21, 2009.

1. Lady Lovely

Lady Lovely Guest

So I go and fish for hours on end and finally get a few good sized mud puppies and red herring. I then spent 100k per on turning them into a trophy deed so I can hang my prize. I looked at each after they were made and the red herring had the name listed however the mudpuppy had an error code. I hang both and the herring is a pinkish color trophy and the mudpuppy a bronze color. I then removed them so I could put them in another place and both turned into regular fish trophy deeds! Why do the uo God's hate me so much!!!! :cursing:

2. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

UO God doesn't hate you. UO devs do.

3. Lady Lovely

Lady Lovely Guest

Has anyone else experienced the same problem? Or is it just my luck that's rotten heh...Id like to make another but am afraid this will happen again ;(

4. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Yes, it's happened to others. There's a sticky thread in the fishing/t-hunting forum warning about the dangers of re-deeding them.

5. Spellbound

Spellbound Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

6. Yarrr I've been fishing for a bit but have yet to get a good one.... is there a special spot in the abyss that they seem to appear more often??

7. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

The feature to be able to mount them at all (without turning into "a big fish") wasn't added until late. The redeeding problems were noticed, reported and acknowledged (there was even some discussion in the last townhall on the chat channel) but it was very late and I suspect it was just a little lower on the priority list than crash bugs.

8. Crysta

Crysta Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Mud Puppy trophy deed's name is also still a megacliloc error in 2D.

9. Lady Lovely

Lady Lovely Guest

How frustrating!
    Thanks for the responses however :party:

10. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

redeeding them?

I always thought that you didn't redeed big fish, you just unlocked them, moved them to a new spot, and locked them back down again...