1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Munch these instead of adding new items...

Discussion in 'UHall' started by EDA_GL, Oct 27, 2008.

1. EDA_GL

EDA_GL Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Ultimate Resisting Spells Fix:
    If you don't agree with this fix, your a character that only knows the new uo...not what it once was. You used to actually resist all types of magic based off this now useless skill. Example, an ebolt with 100 resist (yes 100 was the cap then) would do 12 damage. That same ebolt with 0 resist would do 30+.

Your highest possible resist with 0 magic resist would be 35. Your suits resist could not pass 35 unless you have magic resist. Once you achieve 100 magic resist, your suits total is fully " unlocked ". Example, your suits actual resists add up to exactly 70s across the board, if you have 0 magic resist your at 35, if you have 100 magic resist it is 70. At 105 resist your natural resist cap is 71, at 110 resist your cap is 72, at 115 its 73 cap, at 120 its 74.
    Does that make sense to everyone? You actually will have a benefit of having resist....what a brilliant idea!

Regarding the 100% legitimate pairs of inquisitor's resolution. They spawn every 4 months (not sure on exact time), that means in the course of one total year there is 3 pair per shard...multiply the number of shards by three, then take that number and multiply by how many years Doom has been out.....see the problem? Theres that many pair on Great Lakes alone! Can the non-existent GMs do anything? they claim that all are non-trackable due to xsharding...my solution? WIPE all the quizzies out of the game and start over, just like they did with the vine cord sandals, only these actually re-spawn after time!

Punk buster anyone? I'd gladly give up a small percentage of my current connection (DSL) if its using that to check my connection. Or just have everyone that plays UO sit next to the server like many players must be doing.....This will solve MANY problems across all shards.

Trapped boxes, how can you actually trap a box if your not very skillful at it? There can actually be two possible fixes for this.
    Example one:
    Scale the number of uses a trapped box has based on its crafter (@20 skill one use, @40skill two uses...but more dmg etc.)
    Example two:
    Your only able to trap a box at GM tinkering, still usefull in those dire times of not having resist...but 40+ dmg??

Either of these two fixes will balance the multi skilled dexxers, and attempt to restore " old school " templates back into the game.

To hopefully clarify the flag issue with followers. Lets say were inside fire, your grey for whatever reason. I flag on you, chasing ensues until the original two minute timer passes. I then summon a rev/pixie/pet to attack you, since its now " entering the fight " and didn't flag within the first two minute timer, I now flag grey. If my follower or myself hits you and you end up dying, you can count me. (should be an easy fix if the devs know how to actually write co.....nevermind)

Specials on archers. Running shot....your on a mount and moving attempting to shoot an arrow. It only makes sense that your accuracy isn't still capped! Dev's defiantly need to look into this. 35 damage from running shot, what a neat thing! Archers that blip after you pegging for the max dmg.....balance perhaps?

If you want a player-base to return to the game. Address ALL of this post and I can guarantee that you will see quite a few vet players return. We do not want to see more patches involving plants/addons/over powered items/trammy crap....pvp is unique in UO, always has and will be. Return that to us, and you will reap benefits.

2. Doomsday Dragon

Doomsday Dragon Visitor

Wipe all the legit with the dupes? this is not how the others were handled the original pair of vine cords (THE being the key word here) still remain so no one who obtained something legitimately was harmed like would be the case with a doom artifact that spawned countless times legit before being duped. The dupes are not even hurting anyone yet you see the need to remove them. What about my pair? I obviously need a pair to compete right I mean it wouldn't be fair if someone else had those uber gloves and I didn't. I don't own a pair just so you know and it doesn't even matter.

I refuse to play UO if punkbuster is mandatory. I dealt with that awful program once before in another game and refuse to do it again. I quit the other game also. Punkbuster is not only an invasion into my privacy but it is also an additional piece of software I don't need. I have seen other programs that stop cheats and do not require anything to be installed or running on my machine they can send a screen shot just the same and they can detect illegal programs just the same without sniffing around my machine and files for something I should be allowed to have just not use. So why does punkbuster need to be running on my computer and why does it need to illegally search my files? After all I am being forced to agree to it so I can play a game I paid for...

I am just going to stop there because I could go on and on about why I disagree.

3. Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

There is a good chance that removing all scripting from UO would also remove a lot more players then it would attract. This is especially true if they decide to use the likes of PunkBuster to do it.

What you propose re Resisting Spells makes it essential for all characters who expect to take magical damage... ever. No skill should be "essential" for such the broad range of situations known as "all combat".

You do know the benefits it currently gives... right? Granted some of those bonuses can be obtained via items, but don't you think it would be easier to just, you know, limit the items?

The new publish seems to be aimed at encouraging regular group based PvP. Can't really see the problem with that.

4. phantus

phantus Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Urban legend and bullcrap. I can no longer count on my hands and toes the number of people I know that have quit in the last year because they are tired of the cheaters. This idea that scripting is embedded into UO with no hopes of removal is fallacy.

There is nothing wrong with adding new items to the game. Gives bored people something to do which is desperately needed.