1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Murderer Bounties and Bounty Hunters

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Kran, Jun 27, 2015.

1. Kran

Kran Visitor

While hunting for the largest Grizzley Bear and the Eagle with the biggiest wing span I started to think with a little tweaking Broadsword could use that same system to implement a bran new bounty system. Imagine playing a murderer on Siege and every single kill you make would Give you not only title but would also increase the bounty on your head. Imagine after killing say 2 people you would be The cunning xxxxx after 4 youd be the vile xxxxxx after 6 youd be the dasterdly after 8 the evil after 10 the sinister and so on and so forth so the mere fact of killing opponents would increase your notoriety and bragging rights. Now imagine the bounty hunter he goes to the local bounty office and gets (bounty deeds) he reads the bounty board and when he finds a murderer and kills him he just clicks on his bounty deed and puts the crosshairds over the dead murderer and the deed fills out showing how The glorious lord xxxxxx dispatched the vile.. dasterdly.... cunning... evil or sinister xxxxxxx on said date and earned said ammount of gold... Think about this system... Murderers would want to kill and stay alive to increase there notoriety and everyone else would want to hunt them so they could hang these ((bounty trophies)) on there walls.!! Man I think if a system like this were put into place on Siege old players would flock back and current players would love it to. Let me know what you think everyone!! :)

Bo Bo likes this.
  2. MANSBETH

MANSBETH Seasoned Veteran

That sounds like the original UO I remember.
    You could take in the head of a murderer and collect ransom.

3. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I fear it's hard to make it work well, in old system, a murderer would claim the Bounty with his other account or let a friend do it.

Maybe it should be a part of the VvV system, when we get to where we can choose to be Virtue or Vice. If a Virtue Knight kill blues, the titles he get should show, he is a more Anti Virtue than Virtue.

I fear no matter how it is done, some will find ways to abuse it.

4. Ol MacDeezy

Ol MacDeezy Adventurer
    IPKU

not much in uo doesnt get abused by some player some where unfortunately :( .....but its a cool idea i thinking a bounty system or even bringing back the ability to collect heads would be cool..pks could have a trophy and may like the trophy over the loot they could take

5. Kran

Kran Visitor

I doubt they would ever bring back cutting heads off But i'd settle for a bounty deed trophy... It doesnt have to be a complex system its pretty simple... the more you kill withought dying the higher your bounty goes up and so does your noteriety. Bounty hunter will want that trophy to hang on the walls of there homes so they would be hunting down people left and right. The system itself would bring a ton of old players back to the game I know it would. You;d have murderers in chat saying..... you want your bounty come and get me im worth 300,000 gold i got 62 confirmed kills and my title is The Abomination Kran etc etc... there could be like 50 different titles for murderers so when a bounty hunter kills them and clicks on there bounty deed and over there corpse the deed would fill out.... something like this... On 6-27-15 The Glorious Lord Sprago ended The Abomination Kran's murder spree spanning 62 confirmed kills over a 22 day period He was struck down east of Vesper his bounty was 300,000 gold pieces. Now the murderer starts from scratch............ collecting the deeds would Rock... good bounty hunters would be able to say i took out all these people... and the murder's would be proud because there names go up showing they killed a ton of people over 22 days etc etc. I want a system like this on Siege!