1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

My account was not auto-renewed! PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'Account Management FAQ and Info' started by arkiu, Dec 17, 2013.

1. arkiu

arkiu Journeyman

Hello,

My account for one reason or another was not auto renewed as it should have been. This has been a miserable experience. I went to Origins website and logged in to pay for a new month. Upon clicking Payment and Shipping, I received an error message saying "Oops! The website is experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again later." This message has appeared for the last 3 days, and I cannot pay for a new month! I then tried purchasing a one month game time, and I receiving a message saying I violated the terms of service agreement! What?!? I never violated anything. The only thing violated here is my patience!

I own a castle, and have been playing Ultima Online for over 7 years. I am extremely concerned my castle will fall as apparently this occurred on December 6th (I took a week or two off and did not realize my account was deactivated). I do not understand how this could have happened. I tried contacting [email protected] and they have no responded! I tried contacting Origin/EA and they cant do anything, and they have been extremely rude and unhelpful! They say its the people at UO who are responsible for such inquiries. Why am I not receiving any help???

Can someone please help? Please? Please? This is URGENT - as I mentioned my castle might fall! I have spent countless hours acquiring the castle and its contents! PLEASE HELP!

2. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

What shard? When was the last time you were logged into game? Has your card expired? Do you have any e mails from EA... check your junk box too.

3. arkiu

arkiu Journeyman

The last time I logged into the game was late November. My card has not expired, and I have not received any emails from EA. My junk box is empty.

I am thoroughly disappointed with the lack of help from EA/Origin. I have called, live chatted and emailed them with no luck. EA claims that they do not have access to UO account information and cannot do a single thing.

Bonnie Armstrong posted this message in early December:

I wanted to touch base with you guys to explain the reason some of your accounts did not auto renew as they should have. There was an issue in the system that was corrected and the accounts that were/are set up for auto renewal are being processed at this time. You should not have to do anything to your account. The process is checking back to approx the later part of November to make sure nothing is over looked so please give it a day or two. If your account does not auto renewal in the next day or two then please contact us so we can make sure this issue is fixed.

Does this have anything to do with it? I imagine it does. This seems like a serious problem. I love UO, and hate to complain, but seriously for a game that charges a monthly fee you would think there would be better customer service when it comes to account reactivation.

4. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

First, don't worry about the castle, it won't start to decay until the account has been inactive for 90 days.
    Second, you mentioned 'payment and shipping' that would be to buy gametime from Origin, but your account should have auto renewed on a credit card?
    If this is the case try following the instructions on this guide, remove and re-enter your credit card information.
    http://uo2.stratics.com/technical-information/account-management
    Third For an alternative source of gametime codes
    http://www.paybycash.com/uo/codelist.php
    Finally, if all else fails email [email protected] for help from Mesanna

#4 Petra Fyde, Dec 18, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  5. arkiu

arkiu Journeyman

Thank you very much for letting me know that about my castle! I now feel as though I can wait for a response from UO without the anxiety of knowing my castle may have already fallen. I will contact Mesanna if [email protected] does not get back to me. Sorry for the frustrated responses I've been posting. Its just upsetting that a game I love and will always love has no clear support other than a single email address with a 72 hour wait for a response period (I just found that out).

6. UNKNOWN of Atlantic

UNKNOWN of Atlantic Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

This exact thing has happened to many players as which I'm afraid has happened to another Player I knew Micart's Fel museum houses fell last night there seems to be a lot of Houses Not renewing that are museums or are valuable ..Make me wonder What is going on I know Gm's have the power to decay Houses a friend of mine lost his Museum house & it had over 800 bil worth of rares in it ..Was Lucians 18x18 Above Tram Brit swamp Desert area, His credit card was fine, as he had another house on same account & it didn't decay he had not logged in over 9 months. The new Account server system seems to be more problems than the old one that was not broken. YOu might try emailing Mesanna & telling her. Her email is [email protected] You might want to make a 14 day free account run to you castle with a sextant (buy them from npc tinker/ provisioner & get the coordinates from under your sign & put those with shard, Char owner's name in the email to her. might have to email her few times a day as I figure she gets a few thousand emails a day

#6 UNKNOWN of Atlantic, Jan 4, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2014
  7. UNKNOWN of Atlantic

UNKNOWN of Atlantic Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Oh and this is the site you should use for Reactivating accounts https://accounts.eamythic.com/ Not an origin site that's for buying tokens & such ...yeah its kind of crazy I know =(

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!