1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

My answer to a few of SP's problems:

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Speedy Orkit, Dec 28, 2008.

1. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Large Guilds

Not at all a perma fix, but this was fun when we did it on Chesapeake. Any old Chessy player will remember it, we called them color wars.

6-8 teams of 10-12 people from different guilds grouping under one color, using a draft system starting with a leader for each team that works like this:

A player chooses one player from a different guild, the next player chooses a player from a different guild, etc etc. So the option of simply grouping a guild back together is much less of an option, at best one color could have 5-6 members of the same guild, and I don't think that ever happened.

This was simply an event we did for a week or so, under warring guilds, not factions or C/O. We just did it to mix things up when times got boring. I hear a lot of complaining about uneven fights, two big guilds controlling everything, etc, so this may be something fun to do for a few days.

Second item

Factions

Many people have spoken up about these items and I have two theories:

A) Stop using the items

B) TnT/KoC drop factions, go O/C, warring, etc. Some may complain "What about our crafters?!" Simple: Make side guilds, instead of TnT be T&T and instead of KOC be K0C. I actually prefer this option. Maybe if we show we have boycotted factions, EA will drop these items on our shard, and consider opening the option of upping ML/Ilsh arties, and reinstating cursed artifacts to even the playing field for non-factioners.

2. Sprago

Sprago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend IPKU

If seige would just agree to no more then 10-12 people per guild that alone would make things more fun. And dont ally. KOC TNT this is directed at U

3. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I think 10-12 may be to few, when not all are on at same time. Being more than 10-12 do not mean all have to run in the same hunting group. They could split up in 2 groups and not raid the same place at same time.

Also a PvM group at 10-12 may still lose if 3-4 hardcore PvP'ers raid them.

I also like Petra's idea, that if a small target group not start to flee, when a bigger PvP group show up, they could be large and let them pick who to fight to make a more even fight and this way make the small group feel they at least had a chance.

The guild leaders can do alot, if they set rules for their guild and enforce them.

Who do not miss guilds like Shadowclan Orcs. They would run in a large group but they tryed hard to share the fun. Sadly someone did not return the favor and we lost them.

4. Sprago

Sprago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend IPKU

Exactly my point someone already saying they wouldnt agree with the guild sizes the thing is when your in vent and your buddy says KOC is here and because of being raided reguardless how mnay little groups you have within you guild there all gonna combine to win thats why i said guild sizes have to be cut down not how big your hunting party is, your guild will still come to your aid.
    The reason 10-12 poeple per guild would work is because you would only guild people that play the same time that you do

5. Pathagiris

Pathagiris Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

i mean it all sounds good but why would i want to split up from people that i have been guided with since i started siege? i really don't care if i win every fight and will fight out numbered any time. i am in KOC because i have been with the same people for years. i know them and enjoy playing with them. i wouldnt want to have to pick a select number of people to be in a guild with.

on the other hand i would try and get in on speedy's idea. sounds like some fun fights

6. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

We didn't ever do it to be in different guilds, we did it for a change of pace.

7. burdensrise

burdensrise Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I do not want to say anything to early. However

For these reasons about of the same dying Siege TNT VS KOC want-to-be pvp everyday. I have left TNT aswell have others.

A few returning Vets have finally arrived and there will be a third force on the field again shortly I promise.