1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

My baby dragon turtle should bond today...need advice

Discussion in 'UO Time of Legends' started by Val Van Wolf, Nov 8, 2015.

1. Val Van Wolf

Val Van Wolf Seasoned Veteran

I've never had a serious tamer but did eat a mythical scroll one time. So, what should I start training my lil guy on. Mongbats? bears? I have no idea. Also do I heal with bandaids or magery? Do I resurrect with, well, how do I resurrect? I have all three taming skills at 115 with jewelry etc. now. As an 18 year vet I am not very skilled I must admit. Although I did get this turtle egg in my pack and have gotten a few mastery books from the big guy. So give some advice that won't get me or him killed. I did once train a cu sidhe long long ago, even tamed a bake kitsune one time but that was also long ago on another account. Thanks to Lord God (the player) I have been doing Dragon Turtle spawn with all 120's mage mystic spellweaver. A great Template. I have finally given up hiding and stealth for spellweaving. I have a III spellweaving mastery. I just love the big tree thing, mine lasts a long time.
    Due to my age (lets say 39 even though its a lie) I am slowing down, brain shrinkage, but UO is still
    my favorite toy!!!

whiterabbit likes this.
  2. Sinder Shayde

Sinder Shayde Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I started Training my new Dragon turtle up by killing creatures in doom. Turtle gained in skill and I got doom drops..Win Win !!
    I also took the little guy to Eodon and killed the Tigers and random Eodon creatures.
    For a new baby Dragon turtle, pretty powerful so don't be too timid....see what it can do!!

Also, if you have eaten the new primer for animal taming, you can use the "Whisper" ability, which assists your turtle in skills training, like a scroll of Alacrity does for us!

You can heal it with magery while it is killing. f it dies, use a bandaid to res and then bandaid, magery to heal it back up.

Val Van Wolf likes this.
  3. Val Van Wolf

Val Van Wolf Seasoned Veteran

Thank you so much, Sinder. I had no idea the little guy could start on such tough stuff. You have no idea how much I appreciate your help!

Sinder Shayde likes this.
  4. StealYourFace

StealYourFace Journeyman

I trained mine in first level shame till his tactics was 70. Then I trained on a shadow ele till he was maxed out in everything except resist. I used my miner with a garg pick axe to mine up a shadow then marked a rune to the spot. All you Gita do is hit him with a bandage every few min or so. And use whispering whenever it's up. Think it only took a few hours.

5. BeaIank

BeaIank Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Hell hound room in Blackthorn dungeon might be a good place to start training it till it hits mid 70s wrestling and tactics.

6. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Good idea and he might gain some resist in there too.
    Killing annoying little goblins in the Underworld or Abyss is good too.