1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

My biggest complaint about the new event so far

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Nimuaq, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Nimuaq

Nimuaq Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I try to participate in events when I have the time. I couldn't care less about the event items, I only enjoy doing something random with a group of fellow players. The best events, in my own opinion, are the ones something unexpected happen, something out of the routine.

I was really looking forward to this Call to Arms event. However, I already know everything there is to know about the upcoming event and we haven't even had the event on Europa yet. So, here's once more how to use spoiler tags, I hope more users start to use them:

How to use Spoiler Tags:
    It is really east to use spoiler tags:
    Code:
    [Spoiler]...text...[/Spoiler]
    Here's an example:
    Code:
    [Spoiler]From the Wikipedia article Spoiler: Because enjoyment of fiction sometimes depends upon the dramatic tension and suspense which arises within it, the external revelation of such plot elements can "spoil" the enjoyment that some consumers of the narrative would otherwise have experienced.[/Spoiler]
    From the Wikipedia article Spoiler: Because enjoyment of fiction sometimes depends upon the dramatic tension and suspense which arises within it, the external revelation of such plot elements can "spoil" the enjoyment that some consumers of the narrative would otherwise have experienced.

Amber Witch and Syrus like this.
  2. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

As far as I'm concerned there's no reason to use UHall if you're worried about a spoiler. All you need to know about the event is when to show up, which is posted on the UO Herald.

3. Martyna Zmuir

Martyna Zmuir Crazed Zealot

Why even read the Call to Arms thread or any thread dealing with the event? Spoiler tags are nice, but self-restraint is the other side of the coin. Just sayin :p

4. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

reading as much as I can, seeing all the pictures, is only making my anticipation grow

5. Apetul

Apetul Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
    Stratics Veteran

I ONLY read uhall threads to know more about new stuff, spoilers, etc.

6. Muu Bin

Muu Bin Guest

Apart from the spoiler issue (and not to hijack the thread)... I found it rather disappointing that the event was announced less than 12 hours before starting on some shards. Not sure why EA would have posted this on the Herald at close to 11am on Friday only to have the first few shards (like Catskills, Pacific, ...) start their event less than 12 hours later. Poor planning? Poor communication between them? I'd hate to think it was intentional... I would have at least liked to have participated, even as a ghost like Frarc... ;)

7. Promathia

Promathia EM Bennu Fanclub
    Premium Stratics Veteran

I agree about the spoilers

8. Cogniac

Cogniac Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

I was about to be a total ass and make a step-by-step walk-through of how to hit the X button on your browser of choice to close UHall and thus not have events spoiled for you.

Then I opened up Frarc's "Rest in Peace....." thread. Reading the title, I expected it to perhaps be about the death of a UO player. Nope. It was a giant picture of Exodus from the event.

That's when I realized that people replying in this thread that are basically saying "just don't read threads about the event" are being much bigger asses than I could ever hope to be. Personally, I don't give a flying crap about spoilers, but for people who do, such advice is difficult to follow when half the threads in UHall have complete non sequitur titles.

9. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

My Screenshot about Exodus just came looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong long after other pictures been showed before and waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay after the event took place on most shards : p

And I'm a reporter, i report things from Ultima Online , not the Memorial Forums :p

outcry likes this.
  10. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend

I only was a ghost now and then....Black and White pictures is not my style ;)

11. JAY8533

JAY8533 Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Pacific had an announcement on their EM site four days in advance, and there was an announcement of the event for Catskills eight days in advance (though more details were only given closer to the date for both, it seems). It would have been nice to have the Herald post a bit sooner, but it isn't quite fair to imply that they didn't do enough to get the word out.

12. Cirno

Cirno Purple Pony Princess
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

That doesn't really preclude the possibility that you might have been talking about someone related to UO, a friend, or even Lonesome George (which is genuinely sadness).

13. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend

I keep personal things away from these boards because of the immature nature of some people. :(

Lord Frodo likes this.
  14. Shelra

Shelra Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

This is very sad indeed; highly unfortunate. Lonesome George.

15. Cirno

Cirno Purple Pony Princess
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

In an ideal world, that would be enough, but anyone who doesn't know you isn't going to realise that.
    Perhaps we need a post prefix for threads that contain current event spoilers.

Also, saddest Lonesome George image; http://i.imgur.com/EtVdz.jpg