1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Inscription] My Book Talisman - does it always have both inscription bonuses?

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by Basara, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

I ask because I recently got a Treatise on Alchemy that had both Alchemy Bonus & Alchemy Exceptional Bonus, and UOGuide only had it as having the normal bonus (including a picture of one without the exceptional bonus). (Note: I edited the entry to reflect the one I received)

If that reference is wrong way about the ToA, is it correct in stating that both Inscription bonuses are given automatically on the My Book Talisman, or were they just lucky in their sampling?

2. UO Relic

UO Relic Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I picked up a couple for my scribes and both of the tali's i have, have both a normal and exceptional bonus.

3. Xanthril of LA

Stratics Veteran

My Book Talisman has both bonuses. It is also the best one that I have ever seen. +30 bonus and +28 exceptional bonus. Unfortunately, even with this uber tally, I don't seem to make very good spellbooks. :-(

4. Ashlen

Ashlen Guest

I had ask on the Scribes board before what good a talisman did toward
    throwing a good spellbook or scrappers and I never did a good answer.
    I wonder why we work so hard to try to get them when we are not
    sure what they really do.
    I would love to have on with those numbers and now you take my
    dream and tell me it is useless :sad2:

5. Xanthril of LA

Stratics Veteran

I know it was very disappointing that the tally did not seem to help much. With that said, I have to admit that I had not made a lot of books (comparative to what i have seen posted as in multiple backpacks full) before or after acquiring the tally, but I really thought with 130 inscription, i would not see plain spellbooks without mods, and would see a much better selection from those that i did create. I have 115 magery and am working towards getting a 120 magery scroll, before I start really scribing spellbooks again. I then plan to make some scrappers along with normal spellbooks and see what i get.

6. Silverbird

Silverbird Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

The talisman adds to the chance of producing an item ... not to the skill itselfs. A talisman with 30% chance on normal items simply means a 30% boost of your chance to create an item. For example 80% chance on crafting a spellbook or an 8'th circle scroll. An increased exceptional chance is mainly usefull for crafting spellbooks (your getting on average more charges). From what I know, talimans dont affect magical bonus on spellbooks.