1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

My castle fell early???

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Cailin Rose, May 1, 2013.

1. Cailin Rose

Cailin Rose Visitor

Just logged on to see one of my castles had fallen, considering the contents I think this will be the last straw for me. I will be selling off the rest of my houses and items, and calling it quits. I have another castle and keep right next to the one that fell, a well as a Makato house just outside the moongate. With the stuff you guys found from that drop you can imagine what kind, and quantity of items I will be selling. Thanks for the last 15 years seige it was great, and goodbye!!!!!!!

2. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

Aye, it fell on April 23rd I´m afraid...

3. Amaranthine Embrace

I am sorry you are saddened by the falling of one of your Castles But when my 18x18 fell and formally it had been a Keep that I had changed over so I could customize it. It was a freeing feeling. That was what insured me never coming back to SP I can't even imagine all the great pvp that must have brought on that day not only for the great location but for all the awesome crap that I had. That was good for SP and better for me. try to see the bright side Cailin Rose.

4. Cailin Rose

Cailin Rose Visitor

Thanks! It sucks, but I'm not gonna stress over it 's only pixels. Just sucks that the castle that fell was the one I had been hording pixels I had accumlated since seiges opening in what 98 99? I have not actually played in years honestly. The biggest relief I think will come with not having to actiate 7 acounts every 90 days just to keep my memories.

Amaranthine Embrace likes this.
  5. Cailin Rose

Cailin Rose Visitor

When did stratics become this hard to type on or is this just on my end?

6. Tazar

Tazar Guest

I can't say that I am having any issues - on the desktop or on tap-talk.

7. Mithrandir Stormcrow

same crap happens to me everyday. I personally think it's internet explorer, I have no issues using chrome. Sorry your house fell. I watched it all week. personally didn't get anything good :(.

#7 Mithrandir Stormcrow, May 1, 2013
    Last edited: May 1, 2013
  8. Ron Silverbeard

Ron Silverbeard Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Its the IE....

Other question, why didnt you log on earlier, if you knew it will fall, since it looks like you still can log in, and cleaned it?

greets
    Ron

9. Cailin Rose

Cailin Rose Visitor

It was not cleaned out LOL you must have just got unlucky. I could never list the contents of that castle as I would be typing for a year, but I can tell you this there were over 200 120ps in it, over 100 shrouds of the condemed, all kinds of 1 of a kind items including old school stuff and probally the only shard of the gem of imortality on the shard!

10. Ducky Momo

Ducky Momo Journeyman

I had a prodo house fall when it should not have. It began to decay and I paid the account while it was somewhat worn. The house still fell...

11. Cailin Rose

Cailin Rose Visitor

By calander days it should have started decaying last night, which is why we are talking about it now as I activated the account to refresh it.

12. Fogsbane

Fogsbane Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

i ended up with (at least some of the) Shrouds of the Condemned from your IDOC.
    Sorry to see anyone decide to leave UO ~ farewell.

(Thank You Mithrandir Stormcrow for the heads up on the IDOC)

13. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

Last week on Wednesday evening, a guildmate told me about a castle plot he was kind of watching on Origin and that he expected would fall in a few days. It actually fell sometime Friday evening, ahead of when he expected. By the time he got there, there were a few deeded items still laying on the ground and he was able to place a new castle. You might want to play it safe and reactivate accounts a bit earlier than you might have planned if you're concerned about saving houses on closed accounts. And maybe keep an eye on your galleons in case there is something screwed-up with decay cycles in general.

#13 Tina Small, May 1, 2013
  14. Amaranthine Embrace

I think the things I felt the most regret over losing were the books that people had written to me. That is not to say that I did not have rares.My place was stuffed full of rares. God if I were to list it it would be crazy. I know I had the only serving tray on the server, blessed inscribed wedding ring so much Hero/Evil rune books and spell books, which anyone could equip.(all because I had locked them down as decoration and one day the server reverted and I was there and they became unlocked, I discovered it ...and found I could now equip them!) same with my Deco Hero/Evil leathers ... sandals Blessed bear and Deer mask. also had that faction purple stuff..now I know that was a no no. 200 luck necklaces . Oh I just know people were hooting with Joy when my place Fell. All those white/Black metal paragon chest stuffed full of goodies.

I look at it this way it made the servers day on that particular day. I only wish I had my Soul stones and my books back.they were the only things of real value ,the written heart felt words of people who stood by me and were friends.

#14 Amaranthine Embrace, May 1, 2013
  15. Guardian KX

Guardian KX Lore Keeper

You play the gambling game and get burned... If all that stuff had such importance to you then you don't put the deed to your house on the roulette table (pardon the pun).
    Sorry to hear your leaving. Learn to keep the 375 items that you can and let the rest go and shut accounts down. Mothballing for the win.
    Peace

16. Void425

Void425 Adventurer

Houses on unpaid account are not guaranteed to remain for 90 days. They are only officially supposed to remain for 30 days. Even though Origin only purges them on average every 90 days does not mean that is when they are supposed to do it.

I actually think the system pobably checks for inactive accounts every 3 months and excludes those who are not paid in the last 30 days.
    What this means is if the purge is in 29 days from your inactive, you skip the next purge due to 30 day exclusion, giving you 29 days + 90 days before the next purge (119 days total)
    If you are trying to gamble on the purge time and the purge is 31 days away, you lose your inactive protection in 30 days which means it could fall as soon as 31 days.

The actual purge scheduled may be different then 90 days, but the idea remains the same.

17. Hoffs

Hoffs Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

Hmm, I don't believe the system works anything like this. Anyone that holds houses in this manner will tell you that they will normally last for 90 days until decay sets in. But regardless, the accounts/houses are logged for decay when they go inactive. That is why the whole bugged housing mess came about, because the RTB accounts never went inactive in the normal way and therefore were never scheduled for demolition. They apparently have no way of checking inactive accounts as you describe.

18. Famine

Famine Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Sorry to hear about your loss Cailin. I know how you must feel.

You might be happy to know the Museum managed to squire a shard of the gem of immortality long ago - so at least we know one is safe.

With that said, if you truly are selling your remaining items, reach out to me by ICQ or pm and we can discuss a purchase.

I and many others would prefer you stay though :(

Famine
    Siege Perilous Museum

19. Karma Cowboy

Karma Cowboy Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Im interested in the Zento House

20. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

Ah, so that´s where the third one was. I knew both me and Lindsey got one each but never heard who got the third one. Do you remember who sold it to you, Famine?

Aye.

21. Cailin Rose

Cailin Rose Visitor

Lindsey is an account of mine, just had to make a new stratics account.

22. CorwinWE2

CorwinWE2 Adventurer

It's hard to give up the pixels, but take the hint, give some stuff away, and sell the rest for whatever you can get, and get out.

Oh, yeah, and thanks for being honest about de-activating your account. It's at least a warning to others playing that game.

#22 CorwinWE2, May 3, 2013
    Last edited: May 3, 2013
  23. Amaranthine Embrace

Well there is a Dusty Old face, I wonder how Star is faring these days........maybe she is out to pasture or gone on ,to the great pixel beyond.

24. CorwinWE2

CorwinWE2 Adventurer

lol, could still be in the stables for all I know. I haven't even tried to light up my accounts since I closed them (and I didn't sell them).

25. Viscount Goop

Viscount Goop Journeyman

Oh wow its not just me!! Its pissing me off cuz i h a v e t o t y p e s l o w !
    lol

26. Amaranthine Embrace

awe,did I pull a smile from your lips after all these years...I did ,did't I?