1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

my desktop in enhance client wont save

Discussion in 'UHall' started by candlemass, Apr 17, 2015.

1. candlemass

candlemass Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

I just recently installed EC,I usually run classic.Anyways my enhanced client wont save,when I log out.
    I'm running windows7 and running everything as adminstrator(and it still wont save when i log out).

Anybody got any Ideas?

2. Philly

Philly Journeyman
    The Valorian Knights

just trash the EC ..... lol kidding. I have no clue but hope someone can help you. Good Luck!

cholupa likes this.
  3. Scribbles

Scribbles Babbling Loonie
    Professional Alumni

With EC if you dont actually exit by logging out it will not save. If you click the x macros and where you had everything placed will be gone. you have to actually hit esc then hit log out then hit ok to get out safely.

DJAd likes this.
  4. candlemass

candlemass Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Exactly what i do everytime is ESC, scroll to "log out" ,then to quit game.Done that over and over,and still no save.

5. Angel of Sonoma

Angel of Sonoma Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Can you edit the character's config file in your Documents folder to fix it?

6. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

If you want to try I could email you a profile, you then stick this into the folder and then open up the game. Setup how you want, logout and see if that saves?

7. candlemass

candlemass Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Djad,i'll try that

8. candlemass

candlemass Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

I can open up the file,but what you mean by editing it(as in doing what to it?)

9. Angel of Sonoma

Angel of Sonoma Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

You can edit the file so that it saves your settings to your preference. For example, this line is the default play area screen size:
    <WindowPositions name="ResizeWindow" x="18.000000" y="0.000000" width="1368.307739" height="853.438232" />
    But if you change it to the following specs it will make the play area screen size larger:
    <WindowPositions name="ResizeWindow" x="18.000000" y="0.000000" width="1458.915894" height="980.000000" />

10. Parnoc

Parnoc Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Are you using any antivirus/firewall programs that might need to have the game white listed? Maybe it's not letting it write to the file on closing.

11. Giggles

Giggles Forum Administrator
    Administrator Moderator Professional Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Campaign Supporter The Squirrel Empire

When you hit esc then log out, it will take you to the main account name page. at the top there is a quit button. Hit that and it should save your macros. It gets a little touchy similar to uoassist. Sometimes uoassist macros wont save unless you hit the red exit tab on the 2d client from the main account name screen,

12. Merlin

Merlin The Enchanter
    Moderator Professional Campaign Patron UWF

Try the suggestion above. I got a new computer this past Christmas with the most recent version of McAfee and it gave me trouble a few times until specifically changed security settings related to UO EC.

Also, if after you installed EC, if you moved the downloaded files within your computer, sometimes it is still trying to save to an old file path.

Parnoc likes this.
  13. candlemass

candlemass Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Giggles,I been doing that before I posted on this board.Parnoc and Merlin I disabled the antivirus completely,still not saving!!!arg!

14. candlemass

candlemass Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

I got a question,Is your macros for enhanced client in a seperate folder,cause I still got classic client installed(it works fine).I'm wondering why its not saving cause it dont know where to go,as in the path.

15. candlemass

candlemass Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

I solved my problem.

I backed everything up in C:\Users\nonne\Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\User Data ,to another partition,then i deleted all its contents in user data,and let it recreate the main files upon logging in.NOW IT SAVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lick::party::party::party::party::danceb::danceb:

Ludes, Scribbles, Stubentiger and 3 others like this.