1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Price Check] My Feet Got Tangled And Mesanna Killed Me Playing Roulette

Discussion in 'UO Rares Collector' started by DennisR, Apr 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DennisR

DennisR Visitor

I got this item today "My Feet Got Tangled And Mesanna Killed Me Playing Roulette", and I was curious as to how much it is worth. Any assistance would be appreciated :)
    Recieved a solid offer for 30mil, and then another for 45mil, both in game. I'll be selling it tonight, Central Time, probably anywhere between 6-10pm, so if the highest bidder isn't around, I'll sell to the next highest. I'm selling it on ATL, but I'd love for bids on here as opposed to in game. Tnx all..

#1 DennisR, Apr 9, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
  2. Dr Pet

Dr Pet Journeyman

U just stole this item from me,u got some nerve posting it on stratics ... amazes me how dumb people are..... (char name Orion the stoic )

Everyone In VK guild or Allied to VK guild be careful with this char, he is a thief char..

#2 Dr Pet, Apr 9, 2013
    DennisR likes this.
  3. TheMan2010

TheMan2010 Sage
    Stratics Veteran

wow that's just plain wrong to rob a good man like you did dennis.. u should feel ashamed of yourself..

4. DennisR

DennisR Visitor

Eh, why should I choose to not rob him because he is a good man? Should I only rob those who are judged as bad? This is a game where I choose to roleplay a thief, and I felt rather successful in my mission.

5. TheMan2010

TheMan2010 Sage
    Stratics Veteran

u shouldn't rob nobody.. being a theif gets u no where in this game...

6. DennisR

DennisR Visitor

Well, I won't say being a thief is widely praised, but it will get me money in a different manner than most are used to, as well as useful items, such as this one. I mean, this may as well have been a drop off of a champ, only it took very little effort in comparison.

7. Adeka

Adeka Sage

Because those booties are mine, and now you will reap the "rewards" of being a thief in the rare collecting community, you fool.
    Best hide your face for some extended period of time.
    Hope we don't come for your head DennisR.

8. DennisR

DennisR Visitor

Because making a new Stratics account is so hard?... That, and eventually someone will buy them regardless of whether they were stolen or not. Sheesh, try and lighten up a little, seems you're taking this a tad too personally Adeka ;)

9. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Did he steal the item from you in game with the stealing skill? If so then I'm sorry he was only playing his character.... If it was stolen by other means then I could see how you could be upset about it but if not then I tip my hat to the thief for making a good steal.

10. DennisR

DennisR Visitor

Thank you Kage, I appreciate that someone recognizes that it's a skill and was a good theft ^_^

11. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Controversial...

12. DennisR

DennisR Visitor

As to whether theft in game is right or wrong, yes, very controversial. However, he nor anyone else has the right to harass me on a thread I started unless that was what I was posting about. I believe there are other places in the forums to rage about things he doesn't agree with or that displease him or others.

13. Dr Pet

Dr Pet Journeyman

I am not harrasing you sir , i am defenitely not. I will tell u that u might want to go spend 30 mil on a name change and keep ur roleplaying up. U are out of VK or any of their alliances and i will make sure everyone know ur name. As a fact being a thief is one thing, stealing from alliance members is just plain wrong, so enjoy your 25 mil item, i can buy more, dont you worry. Next time u want to ruin your reputation try for a 500 mil item or something larger.

best luck to you

14. Assia Penryn

Assia Penryn The Sleeping Dragon
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Alright, from what I can understand is DennisR/Quiiggie stole the item from Dr Pet. D/Q admitted to it in this thread. I'm surmising that he did in a trammel ruleset via an allied or highlighted guild. Whether or not you agree or disagree with it, since they have admitted to it, I do believe a word of caution is in order when trading with the individual.

I'm locking this thread. If you would like to offer a PC for DennisR, please PM him the information.

Dr. Pet, I'm sorry for your loss. My suggestion would be to discuss with your GM about highlighting/allies. I will probably never have Assia in a guild because of the possibility of this happening. While I'm locking this thread, I will leave it up so it can be found by folks who choose to search history before doing transactions with him.

DennisR, while I don't like what you did, I do agree you did it within the game mechanics. However, the fact you are willing to deceive another guild or individual and admitted to it means that folks should be warned before doing business. You came to get a price check and did it under an alias. If you didn't know this would stir the pot and cause problems, you wouldn't have made the alias today to do just this. I would suggest that in the future, you own up to your use of a game skill and accept the reputation that often accompanies it.

DennisR appears to be the same user as Quiggie

Links to posts as Quiggie with additional contact information if needed:

http://stratics.com/community/threads/10-ssi-15-sdi-bracelet-clean.297222/
    http://stratics.com/community/threads/britannian-ship-deed-25mil.297537/

#14 Assia Penryn, Apr 9, 2013
    Athelas likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.