1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

My First Attempt At A Poll - Be Gentle!

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Leather Lucy, Dec 3, 2012.

?

I think I'd come give the Public Champ run on Siege a try if....

1. The PKers respect the Champ run and not come after the newcomers

21.7%
  2. I get killed anyway, so what? That's what Siege is about baby!

69.6%
  3. I knew I would be re-equipped with gear straight away if raided

8.7%
  4. I wouldn't touch Siege with Rumpy's

30.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Leather Lucy

Leather Lucy Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

There's a heated discussion (read barny) going on over on the Siege Perilous Forums. It's basically to do with trying to attract a few newcomers over there and also to have some fun in the lead up to 'Siegemas' and build on the community that's there already.

The question was asked if the PKers would lay off the newcomers if they did a few champ runs or something to that effect. One or two of the PKers said 'Nay'. Then the heated discussion began. There are fair points to both sides of the argument. But who better to give their opinion than the potential newcomers, so please share your thoughts.

Cheers :)

2. Victim of Siege

Victim of Siege Crazed Zealot
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Safe Haven

*Gently presses the "Post Reply" Button*

3. old gypsy

old gypsy Grand Poobah
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Patron PITMUCK

*searches in vain for the "I am a wuss" button*

4. Rumpy

Rumpy Slightly Crazed

So what of mine would you not touch Siege with :p

I thought we were friends !! :)

Leather Lucy likes this.
  5. Nine Dark Moons

Nine Dark Moons Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

what's Rumpy's? i like Seige. I don't do champs, but I have enjoyed being [a mostly silent] follower in general chat, and also the extra challenges faced there when going about my daily business. I was able to place a nice house in Zento when one fell, set up a pretty successful vendor, and train some skills (hide/stealth first of course...). I've been playing there 3 months and haven't been PK'd yet, despite not always being hidden. It seems more like a real community of players helping each other out. Everyone has been really nice and friendly, and the vendor houses there rock, once you find them.
    ~ NDM

Leather Lucy likes this.
  6. Leather Lucy

I am and to prove it I'm making sure you know about that Castle that's gonna go IDOC soonish at 101º 25'N 34º 10'E?

;)

7. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Three times I tried starting out characters on SP for a more appealing PVP playstyle. I was killed withhin hours trying to train and earn. I understand their is the new guild. Playing catchup and one character limit is not my bag. Needing a house full of soulstones or second job to pay for more accounts just to experience all the templates UO offers? They just need to reduce the size of the blinders on SP to start any newcommer growth.

8. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot

The wolves don't seem to understand that if they continually have their fun ruining the fun of the non-PKers, then the non-PKers are likely to pack up and move to another shard where *they* can have fun most of their playtime.

PKers on Siege complain on general chat off & on about there being no one to kill. Refer to the above paragraph oh great Pkers, maybe it'll sink in why there are so few other players to kill.

You make your bed, and you lie in it.

9. Rumpy

Rumpy Slightly Crazed

I've never complained. I don't know anyone in my guild who has. We all do other ****.

10. Cogniac

Cogniac Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Here's your first lesson in making polls: Use radio buttons, not check boxes. To reinforce this lesson, I just voted for everything.

11. Assia Penryn

Assia Penryn The Sleeping Dragon
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I voted #2 and #4. I know siege is open pvp and as such I wouldn't expect the pkers to hold back on killing anyone. A new PLAYER shouldn't be playing siege. If they want to experience a champion spawn, they have to understand it is for the big boys.

I'm not scared of pvp, nor of loosing my stuff. However, I don't get my jollys off of it so I don't actively seek it out. That being said, I have tried Siege twice in the past 6 years, to see if it had enough rp that I would be interested in. I found an "evil" rp guild and was very disappointed that all the undead rp consisted of throwing a few extra s's in their speech with zero plots, stories, etc. I rp'd before Trammel existed. I'd be willing to try Siege again if it had a thriving rp community and understood that being evil doesn't mean I'm just a pk with a speech impediment.

12. Leather Lucy

a) I allowed you to vote for everything
    b) What's with the snooty attitude?

Miri of Sonoma likes this.
  13. Samaira

Samaira Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Option 5) I would give Siege a crack if my ping to the shard wasn't over 350.