1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

My First Dark Father Solo'd

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Freelsy, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Freelsy

Freelsy Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

The First
    [​IMG]

The Second
    [​IMG]

Two complete runs through the gauntlet and didn't get an artifact :(

Now that I know I'm decent enough to solo them, I'm gonna have to come better equipped! Sword was almost broke, ran outta pots and didnt bring apples!!

2. Kas Althume

Kas Althume Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Well done. Sampire?

I havn't been there since the blackoaks guild died. Back then we did them with plain gm equipent. Was a funny time.

3. Freelsy

Freelsy Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

hehe, sounds intense.

yes, this was done on a straight sampire

120 swords
    120 parry
    120 bushido
    100 tactics
    100 necro
    100 resists
    60 chiv

4. Podolak

Podolak Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Congrats and well done!

Do you find 100 resist useful?

5. Freelsy

Freelsy Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

you bet your sweet ass its useful. Gotta have it to stay alive. DF is one hell of a spell caster. Most importantly, its great for resisting blood oath. When I'm hitting him for huge amounts of damage, he gets me with a blood oath, I hit him and do about 80 damage to myself :(

Pretty much gotta have resist against him

6. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Freels is dead on with this temp. There is a slightly better way to do him, where you drag it to a single corner and he can only spawn 3 monsters at once. How long did each round take you?

7. Freelsy

Freelsy Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

there are two places like that. One near the fleshy's room and another near the entrance to the secret room. However, I like having many monsters around. It helps much better with the regen on stam/mana when hitting 3-4 monsters at a time. Now if I were using a tamer, then I would most definitely be using the skull piles, but single sampire I welcome all the mobs I can get on me.

8. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

I don't use a AOE weap ;( so I try to have as few as possible. Bloodoath does suck though, I carry apples, remove curse tali, and faction bandies.

9. Revvo

Revvo Slightly Crazed

How long does it take to kill one as a sampire?

I assume you have around 3k luck when it dies?

10. Freelsy

Freelsy Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

It takes less than 3 Enemy of ones.... So what is that? Less than 8 minutes on a sampire.

Also, my gear is not set up for luck. Its set up for mana, stam, hci/dci increases

11. Kael

Kael Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

This perhaps is a sad reflection of today's item based UO. Somethings shouldn't be able to be solo'd regardless of temps and knowledge of game mechanics.

That being said...awesome stuff Asty :thumbup1:

12. Revvo

Revvo Slightly Crazed

Use an archer with a bonded Cu on the gate, takes less than 2 minutes and you get the luck which REALLY increases the drop rate.

13. Podolak

Podolak Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Thank you guys for the Sampire info. I decided to go on the Warrior's forum and read about them a touch. I've never played one myself and have considered making my Siege Dexxer account one of them.

14. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

Not sure if luck is that important anymore since they changed it from a RNG system to a point system...

15. CroakerTnT

CroakerTnT Guest

It's just inflation. Try solo'ing the stygian dragon.

16. CroakerTnT

CroakerTnT Guest

Just gotta remember that the template is very item intense. This is a much lower problem now, with imbuing, than it used to be.

With my sammy on Atlantic (which I've not used for 3 years), I used to solo the DF with a super whirlwind weapon that had life leech, mana leech, stam leech, SSI, DI. The suit was max LMC, 70's, high MR/HPR/SR, and I ran in vampire form. That much life leeching was enough. Used lightning strike when he was alone and momentum or whirlwind when I got mobbed.

Some people go with the double axe, which can do double strikes and whirlwind. I think I was using a radiant scimitar or the titan's hammer.

17. Freelsy

Freelsy Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Very true. I know when i was running the sampire before the addition of imbuing I was VERY carefull about being detected by anyone. Simply because I was running a turquiose ring, sweet ass weapons and armor.

But now with Imbuing its very very easy and CHEAP to get the gear to effectively pimp out your character and I don't need the turquiose anymore (sad, it took me forever to get the perfect one)

I was going to try the double axe, but decided against it. I use a radiant scimitar with hit fire area, mana/stam leech, 20 ssi and 43 DI. Works wonders. Hit for around 80-120 on the DF (120 being my crit) and when I whirlwind I wreak havok. Using the undead slayer talisman (conjurers trinket) I hit the other critters for a minimum of 80 damage per swing. Its actually pretty darn easy staying alive using whirlwind alone.

18. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Bushido archer with slayer bows, and cu sidhe/gd is the way to go, if you can play 3 chars at once... also have one char with a beetle ;) use to do the whole gauntlet in 15 mins.

19. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

3-5 mins and prefection with the luck of course :)