1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Gardening] my first new plants just appeared.

Discussion in 'UO Botany and Nutrition' started by yanaki2, Sep 13, 2008.

1. yanaki2

yanaki2 Sage
    Stratics Veteran

well out of 20 plants in my first run all using fertile dirt, 3 have popped out,

first the two usual suspects, a coca tree and a large hedge but the 3rd....was a cypress tree!!!!!!!!

2. Cyrah

Cyrah Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Whoa! Yay for you!

Now, where dd the seeds come from please? :)

I am wondering if say all kappa seeds give the same plant, that sort of thing. Hope not.

I am very happy about the Cyprus! tyvm dev team!

3. Gwenyth

Gwenyth Guest

Wow, that's great! Can you post some pics?

4. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Congrats with your babies! :)

5. Flora Green

Flora Green Guest

I thought cypress is one of the two part trees we couldn't get??? Cool. I'm hoping for the tuscany pine to be among the new plants.

6. Tamais

Tamais Lake Austin Reporter
    Reporter Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Patron Editor

ooooo i can't wait for my babies to grow. I keep watching them but it just doesn't seem to make them grow faster. :sad4: Have 6 planted I'm wondering just how random the drop will be. I hate to have to use up tons of lockdowns for seeds again.

7. feath

feath Guest

wow, that WAS fast!

:postpics:

8. Lord Gareth

Lord Gareth UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
    Reporter Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran

:postpics:

Whats it look like?

9. Flora Green

Flora Green Guest

I just saw Hops on Origin at the CCC vendorhouse. :)

10. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

my UO life is now complete

thank you Gardening Ghods!!

:bowdown:

11. Zym Dragon

Zym Dragon Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Here are pics of hops and cypress trees. I don't know which ones are being used however.

[​IMG]

12. Elydir

Elydir Guest

Here's a screenshot from CCC library on Origin

[​IMG]

13. Can someone let us know which creature these came off of?

14. Ceridwen

Ceridwen Guest

Friend also has one Hops, but can't remember where he got it from... *mutters*

Only thing I noticed about them is that it still says "Peculiar" - is that intended?
    "A Vibrant Peculiar Hops Plant"

15. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

That's exactly why I'm growing 8 off each monster so "I" will know beyond a shadow of a doubt where they all come from. Just can't rely on a bunch of folks running willy nilly all over creation killing stuff to provide accurate info for gardening. Most will be lucky to get the plants to survive to maturity.

I didn't have tons of fertile dirt saved up so I'm having to wait for the agonizing full 7 days to get my results. Day 4 for mine now, 3 long days to wait. I'm sure alot of info will be out before then, but I'll be able to confirm or disprove as needed.

16. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

yay for scientific method!! :) I need to know what came from where, so I'm doing the very same, as I'm sure most of the longtime gardeners are

but I'll be a bit behind the rest of ya..... y'know that thing about lock, secure, pack and all that? well, I was a bit excited the first nite.......:blushing:

17. Crysta

Crysta Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

My first one should bloom tonight.. maybe a few others as well since all mine are in fertile dirt.. definitely several more tomorrow, and I have everything marked down as to what monster gave what seed and which bowl has which. Soon as I know what plants come out i'll be posting them. Said first one should be at about 10pm tonight, eastern.

18. Ceridwen

Ceridwen Guest

Can't wait to see more pics :)

19. Flora Green

Flora Green Guest

I'm really behind, BUT my connection is finally restored so I was off doing Tsuki wolves this morning. I'll catch up eventually. I'm actually more concerned with the existing plants. For some reason over the past month, I can't keep up with the demand and I have special orders for Halloween and Christmas. :) As for the new plants, the non-gardeners will get bored with this soon and be back to the full time gardening shops for their needs.

20. Tamais

Tamais Lake Austin Reporter
    Reporter Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Patron Editor

ooo hops, the first hint of maybe homemade beer. It would be wonderful if at some time in the future some of the new plants could give resources. I'm keeping very careful records of which seeds came from which monster. I'm hoping that there will be a constant pattern which would make filling orders way easier. I'm the offical plant person in my guild.

21. Yalp

Yalp Guest

Yeah.. I'm on Baja.. so a few days behind you all..

I've got 45 seeds growing.. organized by monster type.. where I hunted them all. smallest number of seeds from one monster type is 3.. they have just turned green.. most of them planted in fertile dirt although not all.. By mid week we should all have a really good idea of which plants/monster.. I will post confirmed information asap.

22. Using InsideUO, there are 4 types of hops plants, and then something called hops bulbs. I assume those would be plant bulbs, but I could be wrong.

23. Flora Green

Flora Green Guest

There's a thread in U.Hall with pics of more new plants.

24. feath

feath Guest

a link, for those who don't want to search through uhall.

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=101613

ahhh, and someone finally posted what monster gave them seeds.

25. Crysta

Crysta Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Sorry... I got too tired waiting for my plants last night, and then Stratics seemed to go down, so I just went to bed. Anyway, two of them bloomed; one we already know, and a new one i'm happy with. :)

[​IMG]

On the left is obviously Snowdrops, and the seed came from an Antlion (this means we can place the Antlion and Serpentine Dragon in the same seed group now). However, on the right isn't bamboo, but Sugar Canes, and the seed came from a Plague Beast. I'll be posting more when the next batch matures.. should be at least 5 or 6 next time. :)

26. Umfufu

Umfufu Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I would rather keep updating in this thread, because it is in the appropriate forum and has already alot of neat screenies in it.

With the different threads going on it is a bit tricky where to post.

I have all my seeds labeled with thier origins and hope more can give the origins aswell so we soon know which monster gives what seeds so we can group them :)

27. christy1221

christy1221 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

[​IMG]

I got the cattails from a wisp, the orfluer from a titan, and the snow drops from the Serpentine Dragon

28. Zynia

Zynia Lore Master

Wow these new plants are awesome! I'm so happy with the orfluers! I've got 50 seeds sprouting in 2 days mostly from wisps.. I just planted 50 more this morning from all terathan warriors. Going to do another group tonight and plant those. This is soooo exciting! (I didn't have enough fertile dirt lol.)

29. Yalp

Yalp Guest

mutiple posts running around. I'm trying to catch them all..

Got a cypress tree from kappa, 4 barrel cactus (with flower) from Dryad, snowdrop from Serp dragon and small hedge from ant lion..

I posted a screenie on uhall thread.

30. Flora Green

Flora Green Guest

Umfufu your house is lovely. :) Thanks for the plant update.

31. LdyHawke

LdyHawke Guest

A friend of mine doesn't want to see any spoilers, so she asked me to post these pics of her new cypress. It's very different than the other cypress that's already been posted. This one came from an ant lion.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

32. Yalp

Yalp Guest

wow very nice!

33. debsmad

debsmad Guest

According to my notes, there are still 4 unknown plants....?

34. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox

Flowers
    1. Snowdrops (scattered)
    2. Poppies (scattered)
    3. Foxglove
    4. Orfleur
    Crops
    5. Hops left (South)
    6. Hops right (East)
    7. Sugar Cane
    Trees
    8. hedge (short)
    9. hedge (tall)
    10. Juniper Bush
    11. Spider Tree
    12. Cypress Tree (plain)
    13. Cypress Tree (mossy
    Other
    14. Cattails
    15. Water Lily
    16. Cactus

(I think)

35. i think we got ripped on the ones that are same thing just facing diff ways. they could have just made them to where u could use a deco tool on them....*sighs* no flax again this round :(

36. Flora Green

Flora Green Guest

Agreed about the hops. No flax, no grasses (the tall "fluffy" rubble one) and no water reeds. Still a good selection, but I would have loved to have seen those added as well.

37. Cyrah

Cyrah Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

!!!! Where are the cypress leaves? ewww...lol

Plants are nice though, having to unlock to tend is not. I feel so bad for those with many.

Will a plant die in two days? The idea is not to tend after day 7 , wait for day 9 and make it deco.

38. Sara Of Baja

Sara Of Baja Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Mossy Cyprus from a Plague Beast seed.

[​IMG]

39. Falon of Eldor

Stratics Veteran

*Proudly shows off hers and Spree's babies*

Just popped today:

Facts:

Planted in Fertile Dirt (did get growth spurts...one of them was showing day 5yesterday and today day 7)

Seeds from Plague Beast

Used GStr now and then.

Can't access after popped if locked/secured on floor. But can if they are in a secured container.

Im going to try and sell for lots of gold!

40. Fifi LaForge

Fifi LaForge Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

So far, my seeds from plague beasts have produced a mossy cypress, sugar cane and a tall hedge. Seed from a Tsuki wolf produced hops and the expected cocoa tree from a fragrant seed. And a foxglove from a Titan's seed.

41. Hyssmaye

Hyssmaye Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

It depends on what type it is - it won't *die*, but could have it's health fall to wilted, and then it won't grow and will require additional greater heal pots to get to day 9. At this point we don't know enough about the hardiness of the new plants to know which could be left at day 7, imo. For the old plants, you'd probably be safe doing this with a snake plant or small palm, but I wouldn't try with a campion or poppies - would only stop tending those on day 8.

42. I know this is not as special as everyone's mystery seeds that have been springing up, but as I have not seen anyone else post a cocoa tree yet I thought I would post a picture of mine that sprung up today thanks to fertile soil.

[​IMG]

43. Hyssmaye

Hyssmaye Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I'm reconsidering my post above about the day 7-9 issue. If the plant is vibrant on day 7, and you don't tend, it could fall to healthy state on day 8. If you don't tend again it could fall to wilted state - but will it be a day 9-wilted plant that could be deco'd, or a day 8-wilted plant that needs greater heals to progress to day 9? I don't know the answer at the moment...does anyone know the answer to this?

44. Zym Dragon

Zym Dragon Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I usually keep them vibrant until day 8 hits. I don't water them for day 9. On day 9 they usually drop to healthy and I deco them. I don't think we can deco wilted plants.

45. debsmad

debsmad Guest

Hmm. Yeah, that does suck if hops-south/east count as two, and if cypress-plain/mossy count as two. :(

Maybe there are just some really rare ones that haven't popped up yet? One can hope. lol