1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

My friend is coming back to UO after a few years, HELP!

Discussion in 'UHall' started by KLOMP, Jan 1, 2013.

1. KLOMP

KLOMP Sage

She's going to go to that new account management page, type in her account name and password, get an error message, see some crap about "EA Account can be linked with Mythic Master Account" that she's never heard of before, ask me what she should do, and I'm not going to have any idea at all what to tell her.

To this day I don't understand the relationship between an EA Account, a Mythic Master Account, and a plain old UO account. Is there a step-by-step guide somewhere for people coming back who have never seen the new billing system before?

2. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran CasteoftheForgotten

Is she putting in the UO account name followed by _UO?

3. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Adding the _UO after the account is most overlooked tidbit. If that doesn't solve it there should be a stickied post somewhere in the forums here with a walkthrough for it.

4. Good Grief

Good Grief Journeyman

Good luck. EA has made it so damn hard just to sign up for their game, it's no wonder people stop trying.

I have a relative who wanted to give UO a try. Between finding the free trial, downloading the client and make an account being such a chore, I'm pretty sure he gave up.

5. KLOMP

KLOMP Sage

If someone hasn't played UO since like 2008, and they click Account Management from UO.com and find themselves staring at that initial sign-in screen, what do they type? Their email address? Their UO account name plus the "_uo" suffix? Something else? What are they even logging into at that point?

The terms "EA account" and "Mythic Master account" aren't even DEFINED, while the terms "UO account" or "game account" aren't used at all. From looking at it you wouldn't even know the sign-in had anything to do with games.

Is there any wandering dev that can take a swing at this? Mesanna? Anyone? How do we give you money?

#5 KLOMP, Jan 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
  6. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Start with this instruction:
    That's what most of us did. When you have that 'forgotten' password. (which most of us don't even remember having to be able to have forgotten it) start over. The all important info:
    is found on this page http://uo.com/Ive-logged-Account-Management-page-now-what-do-I-do

7. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I agree it really needs to be clarified. :(

What we have in essence is 3 different account levels. - your EA account - which is your email address, your Mythic account and your game account.
    EA compounded the confusion by creating for UO players a 'Mythic Account' - 'Note for Ultima Online accounts: You have been assigned a Mythic Master Account'.
    This 'Mythic Master Account, while based on your game account, ISN'T your game account. It simply has the same name, with _uo added to it.

8. Olahorand

Olahorand Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

To make the stuff more complicated, I tried to login to one old account during RTB. (Which did not require to have the account bound to an EA master account.)
    Since that account was an takeover from a friend, who left long ago, I never bound the account to my EA account.
    Game logins always got rejected with that common message, that indicates all and nothing. (This was the only account out of more than 20.)
    I'm pretty sure, one of the multiple passwords I tried was the correct one. Nevertheless I requested a new password to be sent and got confirmation, that this had been done.
    But well, the email address, which I still own, did not get any incoming message. No, the account is not hacked or used by anyone else.

9. Good Grief

Good Grief Journeyman

How about what someone who's never played UO is suppose to do if they just want to try it out without buying it?

Can someone give me those instructions so I can pass them on to the couple of people I've slowly worked into giving UO a try?

10. Good Grief

Good Grief Journeyman

Thanks,

Does that eventually direct them to somewhere to DL a client?

11. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I just wanted to chime in just in case Mythic or whoever is reading this thread. As an above average computer user and mini-geek, it took me 2 full days to figure out that my old account still existed and get it reactivated. For some UNKNOWN reason, I happened to remember my password from 4 years ago when I last logged in. Who knows what would have happened if I hadn't remembered the password. The email account I had used was long gone. I think I read on these forums somewhere about the _uo thing which is what got me going in the right direction.

Seems to me that if they really wanted to pull back veteran players, they would do a simple, comprehensive description on exactly how to reactive those accounts.

12. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I should if possible like to know how this particular matter turned out. The broader issue is important too of course but I am also curious as to how this particular instance turned out.

-Galen's player

13. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Do you mean for the OP?

14. DerekL

DerekL Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Heck, just trying to figure out how to log into and pay for a *new* account was enough of a PITA - let alone the gyrations I went through (no f thanks to customer 'assistance') before finding out about the _uo suffix.

Seriously EA/Mythic/Origin - your account creation and management system is badly busted.

#14 DerekL, Jan 5, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
  15. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Yes or, rather, for the OP's friend.

-Galen's player