1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

My House -- Improperly placed?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Jade of Sonoma, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Jade of Sonoma

Jade of Sonoma Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

My KEEP in the Swamp South of Destard Dungeon is IMPROPERLY PLACED? WHO DECIDED THAT AND WHEN?

[​IMG]

Considering all I have had to tolerate over the years, with changes made to the game that affected that place, I am not surprised. Changes always happen in UO but this change leaves me icy cold. I had a famous tower pf 1001 glacial staffs there that drew players from all over UO .. and that was destroyed by changes in the game which made it neccessary to drop the tower and replace it with a KEEP to hold all the glacial staffs and that came on top of them also filling that Swamp with every conceivable monster possible, which ruined our Destard VILLAGE shops by making it too dangerous for our crafts people and customers.

NOW THIS? What does that mean anyhow? Will they make that house fall?
    It always was properly placed. So what am I supposed to do about it? Drop it or else?

2. BigEv

BigEv Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

No need to worry, it does not mean your house will fall. It just mean something around you changed, for example i have a castle and was fine for the longest time til someone changed their steps config on their home behind me which caused me to be improperly placed. I have been like this for a long time now. It only means now if you decide to resize ur home, you cannot place the current design you have now (it will make you change it to a smaller one or one that will fit to make it properly placed) So bottom line just dont resize your home and your fine. Hope that helps your nerves. :)

Jade of Sonoma likes this.
  3. Jade of Sonoma

Jade of Sonoma Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Before Trammel, I lived in tents and finally actually got a house along Destard Swamp Front which turned into a lucrative village supported by numerous customers and guilds. Even the PK were careful about obliterating the ooccupants of the shops but .. my tower which I finally placed with the help of a special GM who showed me how and where to place it, was NOT in a good location being as the steps were on the highest hill in Scara Brae Farm area and part of the building overhung the hill allowing players to walk beneath it. At that time we had to refresh our houses. I let many players use my house for storing their belongings, especially players who had to be away from UO for various reasons in real life. One day, I logged off inside the TOWER and the next day when I logged in I was on the ground. THE TOWER AND EVERYONE's STUFF WAS GONE.

A GM had come by and decided to delete the TOWER just like that! No warning. Don't worry. I am used to things happening in UO. Been through too much already. Thanks, BigEv for your advice and support!

4. Poo

Poo The Grandest of the PooBah’s
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor 4H

judging from the picture im gonna guess its one of 2 things.
    one is that there may not be a way to walk around the bottom left corner.
    just a guess from the pic.

but the more probable explanation is that a tile somewhere under your keep was changed with a graphic change and has thus made the spot non placeable now.

in short it dosnt mean anything to your house now.
    what it does mean is that if you ever for some unknown reason decide you wanna drop your house and RE place the same house it wont go.

same if you decide you want to drop it place a custom one.
    it probably wont go, unless of course it dosnt get covered by the tile or tiles that have changed.

i had the simular thing with a house i use to have that was in yew township.
    it was right on the border.
    and the border seemed to move over time.
    so for a while my house was fine.
    that for a year it wasnt.
    then it was fine again.
    then it wasnt.
    ect ect ect.

5. The Zog historian

The Zog historian Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

BLEEP, Jade, I don't remember you telling this before. So that's what happened. I agree with Poo, it's probably something that changed with the area's terrain. Hopefully you won't meet any more proactive GMs...