1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

My House is "Owned by OSI"

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Zayin666, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Zayin666

Zayin666 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Heya,

Just reactivated my account so I could have some UO fun this fall.
    However I discovered I cannot enter my house and the sign says its Owned By OSI. (And its in decay state)

Any of you guys know how I can get my house back? Is there some support hotline I can call? Or do I need a GM? Or is my house/stuff just lost??

Thanks in advance!

2. Babble

Babble Guest

Normally it should refresh with next server up.
    Strange though that it is owned by OSI.

3. Daelomin

Daelomin Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Houses that decay but still have vendors belonging to other ppl are turned into "Owned by OSI". This is probably what happened...
    If this is the case you are no longer the owner... and the stuff is lost.

4. Zayin666

Zayin666 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

This would be the case Iam afraid... I have vendors placed by another account.
    I wonder if I can call them somehow??

5. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

"Sorry, we do not replace lost items."

6. Alvinho

Alvinho Great Lakes Forever!
    Stratics Veteran

watch the decay, usually X amount of days after the vendors are removed(their contents and gold available from the house sign) then simply loot your stuff store on a ship until you can replace the house or move to a new location

7. Zayin666

Zayin666 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Hehe Guess I have to wait for the boosterpack before I can get a ship that can hold a fully loaded 18*18 worth of stuff :)
    Of course I would have to fight off hordes of idocers :)

8. Bobar

Bobar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

If it is 'Owned by OSI' it has already been through a complete decay cycle and went to 'owned by' at the time it would have fallen.

It is therefore normally useless to watch for the end of the decay cycle as when it falls will depend on when the vendors finally disappear. Once they have gone the house can fall at any time, there is no time period I am aware of you can follow.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I think you should resign yourself to accepting your stuff is lost.

9. Zayin666

Zayin666 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I guess you are right... another excuse to reactivate WoW when the expansion hits :)

Thanks for helping guys... Ill try to send EA an email and see what happens :)

10. phantus

phantus Stratics Legend

However, if you have any characters that are co-owners to the house on another account they will still have access to the boxes and get the stuff.

11. cdavbar

cdavbar Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

How long has it been since you last paid for your account? After approx 90 days of your account being inactive your house will start to decay. If it has vendors that you rented to other players it will turn into OSI owned to allow the other player time to get their belongings from either the vendor or the house sign before house falls.

If in fact your account was inactive more than 90 days and that is why your house went into decay you are simply out of luck and that house cannot be refreshed per housing rules. The only reason it is being kept up still is to allow the one with rights to claim their vendors stuff.

Get some friends on and have an IDOC party so that you may retain most of your stuff. I had a house that was close to falling full of stuff and my guild all volunteered to help me loot my own idoc if it fell before i could get the house refreshed.

Good luck......and fyi we dont like that W word here lol

12. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

:lol: I love this.
    "I tried to cheat UO out of money and keep my house but they caught me so now I will go play WOW"

13. Zayin666

Zayin666 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Busted!!! :thumbup1:

14. Zayin666

Zayin666 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I might have that.... will look into it later tonight! Thanks!

15. UltimatePower

UltimatePower Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Actually, keep trying to get in it, after a decay cycle it should become public again. Even though you are no longer the owner, you will still be able to release everything. So once you can get inside, use any chars on the account that previously owned it, and you can get all of your stuff.

16. Zayin666

Zayin666 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Ill definitely try that tomorrow then :thumbup1:

17. BigEv

BigEv Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

yes u should be able to get in as there is an osi owned house in front of mine and at certain times of the day u cant get in but at other times u can stroll right on in.

18. Nails

Nails Journeyman

you or someone must of had vendors that caused the original IDOC to pass and not fall. It then goes to Owned By OSI and gets a random drop after the vendors fall. Each time it passes IDOC and goes back to slightly it is unenterable if public for a day or two. Then for some weird reason, it lets you back in. You names may of been wiped off the permissions list too.

19. Miss Smoocher

Miss Smoocher Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Sooo the question is umm what shard is the free stuff i mean idoc at????:popcorn:

20. sendit

sendit Guest

Houses don't start decaying until 90 days now?

21. Zayin666

Zayin666 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Nope.. been like this for a long time :)

To others... I was lucky that I had a co-owner on another account that was able to unlock everything.

So I have all my stuff in another house now :)

Thanks for helping