1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

My Idea

Discussion in 'UO Legends' started by NewThunder, Dec 15, 2008.

1. NewThunder

NewThunder Guest

I have recently sent a note to Joanne of EA Mythic, who is the community person for UO. I requested that the name "Lady Pheonix" be added to the names used for wandering healers. There is a precedent for this type of action, when "grog" of Catskills passed away they added his name to the list of NPC's. Here is the Taxt of the note I sent:

Dear Joanne,

It is with a very heavy heart that I write you this request. I have been playing Ultima Online for over 10 years and have come to realize what this game is truly about; it is about the people that play the game. Recently on Legends one of the most special people to play the game passed away. Her name was Darlene Archibald, the character that most remember her for was named Lady Phoenix.

Darlene made the game more enjoyable for all those that played with her. Her guilds held numerous shard-wide activities from net tosses to auctions. She truly loved this game and the social aspect it provides. I spent hours speaking with her while our IDOC guild waiting for houses to fall. She never had an ill word to speak about any other player, her only goal was to have fun in the game and help others also have fun.

I would encourage you to review the Legends forum on statics to see just how much Darlene meant to our shard. The Legends shard is a very tight knit shard, and Darlene was a key piece holding us together.

My request is a simple one that is based on precedent set when “Grog” of the Catskills shard passed away in 2007. The name “grog” was added to the list of NPC names. I would like as a memorial to Darlene that her character names of “Lady Phoenix” be added to the list of names for the wandering healers on Legends (I am not sure if this can be done on a shard basis). I think given all the help that Darlene gave to all of the members of the legends community having her name among the names of the wandering healer population would be a very fitting tribute.

Thank you,

Newthunder

If people think this is a good idea please send a PM to Joanne_mythic, here is the link to send a pm to her:

http://vboards.stratics.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=150419

2. PASmountaindew

PASmountaindew Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I sent a PM to her to add my vote in favor of it.

3. Sara Of Baja

Sara Of Baja Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I, too, have sent a PM requesting this tribute to Lady Phoenix.

4. kulder

kulder Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

As have I

5. MageCruella

MageCruella Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

done. Great idea Thunder!

6. Aya

Aya Guest

Excellent idea Thunder.....my PM has been sent.

7. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

A very nice idea.

8. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

wonderful thought, Thunder, I very much hope it happens

9. Dakotawinds

Dakotawinds Guest

I sent in a request as well. Well done Thunder.

10. I have added my name to the list along with my own explination of why I think it's a great idea.

Kudos bro, very cool.

11. NewThunder

NewThunder Guest

Thank you to all that have sent PMs. I havnt heard anything back yet form Joanne. If I do not hear soon I will send Emails to her and draconi at their EA addresses

12. Laina

Laina Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Maybe a bit late (Mal and I have been away) but I sent a message as well. Great idea Thunder!

13. Shelleybean

Shelleybean Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

This is a great idea. Maybe we can make this suggestion to Joanne using the feedback form?

14. NewThunder

NewThunder Guest

I was going to wait until after New Years and then start phase II as an email campaign. They may not be around till after the holidays.

15. Annienox

Annienox Guest

Does anyone know if this has been finalized yet or not? I haven't been reading stratics for awhile now, but find this to be one of the best ideas yet that I have seen on stratics! I will send a PM post haste but first I want to slug NT in the arm really hard. I have not really had to face Sue's passing as of yet and boy did this catch me off guard and make need some tissues. Thanks ya big lug! Anyway off to PM.