1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Mining] my mining results after 10 min

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Storm, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Ok well there was a post I cant find now and there was some disbelief on how long it takes to mine up over 1k ingots

here are my results after 10 min start to finish mining using KR in Trammel
    using 8 shovels and a fire beattle

Iron 799
    Dull copper 162
    shadow 52
    copper 44
    bronze 37
    val 24
    verite 28

total 1146 ingots in ten minutes plus 1 Ecru
    now if I had done this in fel it would be times 2

so yes it can be done very easy

2. What is your macro setting like?

3. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

4. I guess now I just need to get a new computer that will work with KR. My current computer used to do KR but then had a video card problem and I had to replace the video card and now it won't update KR and I can't play it.

5. Tycolby

Tycolby Guest

Do you use gargoyle picks at all for KR?

If not then it seems to be alot of wasted time just for Iron Ore.

6. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

I do not use the gargoyle axe on this guy he has 0 combat skill lol that would be funny though since i use 8 shovels/picks imagine hitting a val spot and having 8 show up not even sure its possible but that would be a hoot

as for a waste of time the whole point was to prove you can get well over 1k ingots even in tammel in very short time usually I use a hammer to elevate the spawn one level and normally I get less iron and more colored just depends on the cave spawn at the time!

I may have to try the axes though just to see how many you can spawn :)

7. ZidjiN

ZidjiN Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Wait, Wait, Wait, hold on a sek or a minute, ehhh.

Are you trying to sell that you can use 8 Shovels at the same time? Is that onky in KR?
    Jesus christ.

8. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

I can use 8 shovels at the push of one button they dont all dig at exactly the same time but they do dig fast and like me i have it set to repeat

9. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

In KR, you can set up macros to use different tools in succession, abd have a number of repeats (up to 10) set up.

It's possible to set up a UO Assist macro (and I even think a clunky 2D macro) to use a different tool to dig in a string of digs.

Both run WAY faster than digging with one tool over and over.

It's a result of an oversight by the devs when mining was created, putting the timer between digs on the TOOL, not the act of digging. After all these years, it's an accepted part of the game, because the Devs have known about the issue for 11 years and not done anything - it just seems weird to be able to use 6+ shovels at once, like you were Doc Ock or something, so few miners even think of using it....

OF course, sometimes, it can be a rush doing it with target by resource and gargoyle pickaxes.... (got 4 eles of 3 different ores, at once, one time).

10. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

OF course, sometimes, it can be a rush doing it with target by resource and gargoyle pickaxes.... (got 4 eles of 3 different ores, at once, one time).

Cool was wondering if that was possible I figured it it was Now I dont have to go test it and die :) When Bre was spawning I managed to get 3 in a row to spawn now that was exciting

11. gmcbroom

gmcbroom Guest

Basara did you survive that many ele's spawning on you at once?

12. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

yep... It was no trouble, as none were valorite, copper or paragons.

I once got 5 shadow eles in 9 swings, and killed them, without even stopping mining - or healing (though the vein ran out 1 or 2 swings after the last popped). An Earth ele slayer with Life Leech is your friend.

13. Tycolby

Tycolby Guest

OK i see now, was hoping you didnt go after iron that seriously. you can go to the ish gypies camps and get 14k in iron in about 10 minutes if you get them all to have a smith or a vagabond