1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

My MoM... Yeah OT...

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by kelmo, May 7, 2009.

1. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

My mother is one of the most wonderful persons you could ever hope to meet. *chuckles* Many of you have in fact.

My mother taught me a lot. How to be respectful. How to fight a bully. The way you should treat your children.

In hind site, mom made some mistakes. So have I as a parent. So have I as a son.

The one thing I know. My mother loved me and did her best.

I want mom to know I turned out pretty OK. Thanks to her.

I love you mom.

yeah, it is early... I work a restaurant. The next few days I will be busy.

Here is to all the moms. *tips hat*

2. Te'kan

Te'kan Guest

3. T'Challa

T'Challa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Kelmo gets a bit sentimental sometimes. We as a community offer our collective shoulder to him here for his emo-ness, lest he let it out in UHall and be ridiculed.

Seriously, happy Momma Day to all the SP moms.

QZ, if you post a 3 page diatribe, I will revoke your right to mother's day flowers.

4. Mr. Sly

Mr. Sly Guest

moms are ok :)

5. nightstalker22

nightstalker22 Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

What did she tell you? "Kelmo, when a bully attacks you, just shout out 'All Kill' and click on them."

Set your macros to:

target nearest hostile
    attack last target
    yell 'Leave me alone you meanie!'
    emote *angry face*
    cast spell flamestrike
    wait for target
    last target

What a mom!

6. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

QZ, if you post a 3 page diatribe, I will revoke your right to mother's day flowers.

LOL np I won't. :)

Kelmo the best day to AVOID resturants for myself... is MOTHER'S DAY.
    Too many peeps entering resturants with their unruly noisy urchins in tow that day. Nooo thank ye.

I have chef boss man, here grill me a t-bone steak at home, on Mother's Days every year. :)

:D

7. Arch Magus

Arch Magus Guest

hehe

emo-ness :D

8. Leaf

Leaf Sage
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

How could your mom not be proud Kelmo! She did a mighty fine job in my eyes...Happy Mothers Day to all the Siege Moms! It's not easy to work all day, make dinner, cheer lead at all the sporting events, clean the house, parent teacher conferences and still find time to die on Siege. We invented RL-Total Refesh pots--lol

9. Mook Chessy

Mook Chessy Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

10. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

Aye you are right there, I should not blame the lil urchins cuz their parents are jerks that see nothing wrong with their kids running amuck all over a resturant tossing the salad bar all over the place all over everyone.

And their parents sit there in some silent coma, sayin nothing to them, doing nothing with even mildly mentioning social behavior in public does not include running all over the resturants, tossing the entire salad bar of cucumbers at the other patrons in the place.

I think we gave up on going out for mothers day when our own behaved children were 4 yrs. old and that was ages ago. I didn't want them to learn bad habits. :) GAH !

11. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

I went to see my mom for the first time in about 2 weeks and she only lives a few miles away. She seemed sad to see me, but told me she understands I work a lot and have a dep. coming up. So go see your ma's as soon as you can folks, it makes them happy.

12. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

You are right sir. We do get weepy missing our kids company from time to time especially if they are busy and maybe forget to call or something.

So if your mom is still alive, call her, do something just to let her know you are thankful for whatever she may have done for you over the years. Then repeat it all again next month with your dad's.

Our parents do not last for forever, and one day they are gone. Give em flowers or some love and your attention from time to time, while they still are here. :)

13. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

So I get emo...

14. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

It's ok to get emo. Since I lost Poppa Speedy, every time my friends say "Ugh my mom/dad is calling *ignore*" I scold them.

15. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Im getting my mom a purple lilac for mothers day! and I thought mothers day was on sunday? holla!

16. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

I get all emo on both Mother's Day and Father's Day cuz now I do not have any parents left alive. :( Every generation steps up to the plate to end up being the next generation to *checkout* so when or if my own kids maybe forget to call I get all weepy cuz I know better than they do ..we parents just do not last for forever.

My dad passed away on FATHERS DAY.. so that day sucks for me and every time I hear Witney singing that song... 'And I will always love you' I can still break down and cry and I am normally not one to permit myself to be weepy, but that song was number one when I lost my dad ...on father's day. He was a great father.

So all I had left was my momma whom I comically say created Queen Zen always *properly attired* IN rl she always making me fancy dresses when I was a kid even they were broke, she wanted her baby girl to look special & now she is gone too.

I do tell hubby CALL YOUR MOMMA for mother's day and every weekend cuz least you still have a mom alive, even though she may talk for hours at him...he does it and calls her. :) His ear goes numb...she talks way more then I DO, he is being a good son & always makes sure he calls her. :)

17. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Why didn't you post this in OT? ROFL...that would have been a fun thread...la

18. SpyderBite

SpyderBite Sage
    Stratics Veteran VCS

Little early for Mother's Day sentiment but wth.

My mom is like my best friend. Bought me my first "legal" drink. Listened to me when times were tough. And, the first to congratulate me when times were great.

More importantly though.. because of the value of the businesses she owns, she's worth a fortune. So, should she drive off a cliff or eat bad chicken in a restaurant. I'm set for life because I'm the executor of her estate.

I love my Mom.

19. MatrixCubed

MatrixCubed Guest

I'll love your mom too when you eat the same chicken and are in the car. And when she survives you, I'll marry her and be set for life!

20. SpyderBite

SpyderBite Sage
    Stratics Veteran VCS

Not an issue unless I pick the wrong restaurant when she visits once every couple of years. XD

21. Aye, here's to all you Siege mothers! :thumbsup:

22. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

My mom is a crazy loon who throws her retirement savings away on trips to Europe and visits to her grand-daughter. I refuse to subsidize her when she actually retires but I'll still call her and play nice tomorrow.

23. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

More importantly though.. because of the value of the businesses she owns, she's worth a fortune. So, should she drive off a cliff or eat bad chicken in a restaurant. I'm set for life because I'm the executor of her estate.

Geez Spyder... *frowns* Glad ye too fricken old to be my son or I would cut ya outta my will. :cursing: *feeds spyder some bad chicken*

Well skippy, no matter her fortunes you as executor may end up spending a lot of it all on her elder care, medical bills and her funeral cuz it is her money that she earned thru her life to use for herself, unless she has already prepaid or set that stuff up ahead of time and has it covered.

I was my mom's executor by the time I paid all her bills and medicals and care with her thousands of dollars she had banked up, and I lastly then bought her a spiffier funeral than her insurance woulda provided, a spiffy funeral which I felt she rightly deserved,
    so my inheritance left over from all her money for all her elder care them past 4 yrs. of her life as her executor and heir,
    was a big mac and some old 1940s post ww2 records. :)

I think I rather feel fortunate that when my mom's sewing machine was broke, and my dad's factory shut down, my memories when I was really little, are of my mom with her fingers bleeding sewing stitches by hand, to make sure her baby girl had a new dress for her lil girl's birthday, even if it was from scrap materials.

No matter how poor they were at times, she had her ways to make her baby girl, feel special, like a princess in new dresses, sewn with love, some times sewn via her with tired bloody fingers.

The cute lil goober girl, in picture below on a front porch in Ohio, (in a new funky dress) looking up admiringly to her momma, is me, back in the day..

when dinosaurs still roamed the earth and 'color film' had not been invented yet. ;)

[​IMG]

She is gone now but I wouldn't trade my momma for nothing. She and dad taught us how to care & to love & to provide and how to roll with the punches, taught us how to survive this dorky world, even when the fates deal us a cruel blow.

My son sent me this song below, for Mother's Day one year,
    it got me all weepy made me feel that maybe I have done something right, as a mom too.

Maybe some of you can send this song to your moms, this Sunday.

[youtube]g8Uqb6DHojU[/youtube]

*sorry to poster above...I was not gonna go into a mothers day monologue but HE mentioned how much he figures he will inherit, and that set me off*

24. Amanda Shade

Amanda Shade Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Fat chance. :)

25. Mogluk

Mogluk Guest

hmmmm meeb klomp'd meeb U'breeder mani muuns ago.... now she in meeb hut gibbin bad mojo tu meeb breedur.....