1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

My paperdoll jumped off screen. Plz help !

Discussion in 'UO Enhanced Client Discussion' started by Eros, May 30, 2010.

1. Eros

Eros Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

My paperdoll seemed to have just jumped off my screen on EC.
    I click on paperdoll symbol to try to get it back. But it wont come back.
    Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get it back ?

2. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

User Settings, Options.

Scroll down to UI scale and set it as small as it will go and see if that gets it onscreen, then drag it back into the play area and resize your UI back up.

3. Eros

Eros Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

4. Eros

Eros Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I have tried that. And I still dont see it anywhere. Anyone have any other suggestions ?

5. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

Log out and go in Windows to:

Documents/EA Games/Ultima Online Stygian Abyss/User Data/{AccountName}/{Shard}/{Charactername}

Open the Character Name file of the character affected in Notepad.

Scroll until you find: <WindowPositions name="PaperdollWindow#######" x="something" y="something" />

Generally, the X and Y values will probably be negative (or at least one will)... change it to a positive value in the range of your resolution, save the file and then load the character back up.

6. Eros

Eros Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I have done that and guess what ? It has worked and I finally see my paperdoll again. They really need to fix this sort of thing from happening.

Well, thx again. later

7. I totally agree! I had this happen with the menu bar on one character and the only way to fix it is by editing the character file. I couldn't even log off, but had to x-out to close the program.

What would the average person do who doesn't have access to the Stratics UO Enhanced Client Beta Discussion forum to solve all their problems?

8. DenAlton036

DenAlton036 Guest

Thank you for having this post.. My wife and I tried everything we could think of to no avail. Then I did a search and here it was.. the solution to fix our problem.. so thank you!!
    It just blows me away that so many bugs are not being fixed.. We are really tired of seeing eachother running around bald and naked too lol. But hey! At least the green blinking noses on the reindeer work now! Awesome.