1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

My pvp 2 cents

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Goldberg-Chessy, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Goldberg-Chessy

Goldberg-Chessy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that 90% of todays pvp mages seem to have forgotten how to effectively field fight a dexxer?

IMO every pvp post on these boards turns into a mage vs dexxer rant because of this fact. Most of todays mages honestly seem to believe that with nothing other then max dci and a sc mage wep they should be able to stand still and kill a dexxer. Why? Because they are mashing a couple more keys? Really?

The experienced pvp mage that knows how to move around the screen and readjust mid-fight has always been, and will always be deadly against a dexxer. Mostly because of the huge versatility that deservedly comes with casting.
    You only have one or two combos and you dont move around the screen well? You should be dexxer toast, im sorry. Doesnt make it right. Its just been UO reality since day 1.

End of rant :)

2. Mirt

Mirt Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

That sure was how things were when I first started. Still the same with plenty of the better mages on my shard today. I hate trying to catch them as they never stand still.

3. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

This is where I learned I was no good at pvp. My char was a dexer. I couldn't get close enough to hit the damn mage, and when I did he disarmed me so I'd got nothing to hit him with!

4. Mirt

Mirt Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah it helps if you fight the same folks over and over as people tend to move in similar ways but the new splintering weapons should help slow them down and make it a bit easier. Other then that the trick is either stealth or really good positioning. Also nerve strike helps.

5. puni666

puni666 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Dismount, bleed, remount.

6. Cetric

Cetric Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

not trying to brag, but i think i'm fairly good at dodging a dexer and adjusting my combos per if i've been hit or not. just gotta adjust your position in between spells and you are golden.

prolly why i hate 50% hci throwers so damn much =/

Maybe its because i play dexers and mages, so i know the nuances of playing a dexer, and abuse them on my mages =/

7. Widow Maker

Widow Maker Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

8. Orgional Farimir

Orgional Farimir Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Says the guy who plays 8 different templates of stealth archers.

9. Goldberg-Chessy

Goldberg-Chessy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Only 8?

He obviously is not a true dexxer at heart like myself :)

10. garillo

garillo Journeyman

Empathy and Insight are very powerful weapons. Nerf plz

11. Widow Maker

Widow Maker Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Sorry I owned up on you so hard Farimir...on the easiest templates to avoid. Was pretty funny though. Actually, it was just one stealth character...but who is counting.

Don't be mad bro..people have become very used to being slabbed by me over the last 14 years.

btw..things have changed a bit in the last year and a half...since we chased you off 2 shards. You should come try me again on my other templates now.

Not that the outcome will be any different *blink*

:devil:

:banana:

12. longshanks

longshanks Guest

OUCH