1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

My Sampire, revisited

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Rocklin, May 14, 2009.

1. Rocklin

Rocklin Guest

I have been raising a Sampire for about a month now. I am currently still raising my skills.

Here is where I am at (skill/current cap):

Swordsmanship 109.7/120
    Parry 120/120
    Bushido 101.2/120
    Anatomy 99.1/100 (Can this GO any slower?)
    Tactics 100/100
    Necromacy 99/100 (Locked)
    Chivalry 61/100 (Locked)

Spirit Speak 91.9/100 (On Soul Stone)
    Resisting Spells 68.8/100 (On Soul Stone)

Here is where my gear is at:

Head: Mace and Shield Reading Glasses
    Neck: Jackal's Collar
    Jewels: +13 Dex, +39% Dmg., +9% Cold Resist (Terrible)
    Talisman: Primer On Arms Damage Removal
    Chest: Heart of the Lion
    Legs: Fey Leggings
    Arms: Valorite Platemail Hiro Sode 13/19/8/14/6 (Terrible)
    Gloves: Stormgrip
    Weapon: Soulseeker
    Misc.: Crimson Cincture, Quivery of Infinity

Resists In Vampire: 70/50/70/41/63

`````````````````````````````````````````

~ Questions ~

1) How critical is the 150 Stamina AS COMPARED to the Resists? I can move some numbers around to get all 70's in Resists, but I don't know if I can keep the Stamina at 150 at the same time.

2) I have no Meditation or Focus for mana regeneration, yet I read you want to keep fully medable for mana regeneration naturally? Is this correct, or does it matter?

3) If I am to craft a better weapon for Swords, what would you suggest a craft? I know I need HML, HLL and SSI. What base numbers are good for those abilities? (40HML/40HLL and maybe 20 SSI ok?)

4) If you are still reading this, and took the time to look at my baby sampire, what things stick out as IMMEDIATE needs besides the 70 Fire and 70 Energy needs?

Once again, thank you all for the invaluable help, advice and encouragement I have received on this forum building this character. It has been a challenge and a blast trying to tweak my character into a powerhouse.

~ Rock

2. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks for updating, make sure you start a brand new thread about the same subject after one more week of playing a sampire.

1.) 150 stam mark depends on your weapon. If you're using a rune blade, ornate axe, or diamond mace (any 3sec wep) then it's imperative that you stay above 150 stam.

2.) Connor says go medable, I say forget about it - your mana leech is there for a reason. I suggest sticking w/ Jackals collar.

3.) For swords I personally would recommend a Rune Blade, Ornate Axe, and a Twinkling Scimitar.

4.) Fire resist is way too low, as is your poison resist. Your arms actually aren't that bad, those are the resists you need but you could use a mod like stam or hit point increase. Your jewelry sucks. Find HCI/DCI/DI jewels (with DCI/DI being the most important). If you can cap your DCI with the jewelry ditch the Fey Legs and get some high resist legs with stam inc.

3. Thangorodrim

Thangorodrim Guest

By way of disclosure, I am fairly new to the art of sampirism.

If you are leeching mana as you should be I don't think the mana regen is the most important property.

I have found the most successful approach equipping a sampire to be based on prioritizing DCI/HLA, HCI/HLD, Dex, SR and then everything else.

4. silent

silent Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

For your weapons you need at a minimum HSL/HML and SSI the weapon will determine how much SSI you need. Ornate I have to say 30 all the way, 25 puts you right at the edge of waiting an eternity if your stamina drops. Runeblade 25 SSI is good. IMO you are using too many artifacts as armor, they typically have unbalanced resists. I would swap out the stormgrips for a nice pair of gloves to get your resists up. And upgrade your jewels which you have already noted.

5. NBG

NBG Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

1) How critical is the 150 Stamina AS COMPARED to the Resists?
    you will need 150 stam and the resist, there is just no way to get around that

2) I have no Meditation or Focus for mana regeneration, yet I read you want to keep fully medable for mana regeneration naturally? Is this correct, or does it matter?

If you have an Elf char I would say not really. Since you don't have the bonus from jack of all trades. Passive med rate with non med armor with no med or focus is not that much of a difference.

3) If I am to craft a better weapon for Swords, what would you suggest a craft? I know I need HML, HLL and SSI. What base numbers are good for those abilities? (40HML/40HLL and maybe 20 SSI ok?)

Need Stam leech and mana leech only if you are running vamp form
    you can get away with 20 ssi if the weapon's swing rate is 3.0

4) If you are still reading this, and took the time to look at my baby sampire, what things stick out as IMMEDIATE needs besides the 70 Fire and 70 Energy needs?

you need armor upgrade for sure... LMC is kinda important and high resist. You would want to get 40+ DCI at least as well.

Lose the following armor
    Chest ---> get carapace or some high res crafted chest with lmc and stam
    Arms ----> get lmc with stam and better res
    Better ring and brace.... should not be hard to get DCI, DI, dex bonus ring and brace and they are fairly cheap

You need to lose the soul seeker

6. Actually I don't say go medable, just to find something better than the Jackal's. As an elf medable or not doesn't matter.

7. You owe me 10 gold for the use of my catchphrase "sampirism". I hold the patent on it, and any use of it requires payment. :D

8. Rocklin

Rocklin Guest

Once again you guys are awesome. Just more info to help me on this quest. Thank you all again for taking the time to reply.

~ Rock

9. silent

silent Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Sampirism, sampirism, sampirisim, now come to chessy to collect the 30 gold ;)

10. Odin of Europa

Odin of Europa Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

You don't seem to be using all the armour slots, so some other items you could use to help with resists are

Vet robe
    Snake skin boots
    Earring of Protection