1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

My ship disappeared

Discussion in 'Beta Testing Archive' started by JC the Builder, Sep 24, 2010.

1. JC the Builder

JC the Builder Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I placed a boat earlier today, sailed around a bit and then left it next to the dock town.

When I logged in this evening and tried to recall on one of the runes provided, it says the ship cannot be found. I was able to replace my classic ship, purchase another of the new ones and place that.

Maybe this is a case of a developer/gamemaster deleting my ship? Sort of annoying after I crafted all those cannons.

2. JC the Builder

JC the Builder Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I spoke with Logrus at dock town about it a short time ago. He looked at my rune and could not locate the ship. He said it is probably a bug in the decay code, although it shouldn't have decayed in less than one day.

3. Deb

Deb Guest

Noticed a few ships in idoc status tonight. Must be a bug.

4. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Weird because I had the exact same thing happen JC.

I left my boat parked at the Dock Town and left to go make some cannons... I was gone maybe 3 or 4 hours when I came back I didn't have a ship to put my cannons on.

So my question is if it decays that fast will it decay while I'm out on a fishing trip leaving me stranded in the water?

5. Cailleach

Cailleach Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Be grateful; a friend and I were sailing about doing a quest when the ship disappeared from under us and we each disappeared from the others screen, effectively leaving us sailing along whilst standing on the water. Most disconcerting!

On a side note, he's managed, when I let him steer, to pick up someone elses tillerwoman, who is currently parked on my deck. Anyone missing a ship called 'Black Rose' and do you want her back?

6. Victim of Siege

Victim of Siege Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Safe Haven

*chuckles* But Caaaail, I want to keep her!