1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

My ship was somehow damaged!

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by Rhiannon, May 30, 2012.

1. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Ok. I'm a lowly fisherwoman, I mind my own business, stay away from pirates. I check my ship nearly every day. Today it says it was slightly damaged!
    1. how did it get damaged if I'm not docked near any known pirates and
    2. how do I repair it?

2. old gypsy

old gypsy Grand Poobah
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Patron PITMUCK

I've no idea how it got damaged, but it's easy to fix. First, you should head for shore. Once you're at land you can do the repairs. Put some iron ingots, plain boards and cloth in your backpack (not sure how much of each). Click on your tillerman (his menu should give you the option to repair).

3. Rhiannon

Rhiannon Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

After I stopped panicking, I figured it out. Still don't know how or why my ship was damaged. The only thing I can think of was that maybe the pirate ships move and one sailed by, saw an unarmed unwomaned ship and decided it needed some damage. Good thing I had plenty of wood and cloth from my tailor and carpenter. It took a ton to get it back to new. I'm thinking that from now on, I will keep my ship closer to a dock somewhere when I logout. I normally just leave it wherever I finshed up fishing for the day.

4. old gypsy

old gypsy Grand Poobah
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Patron PITMUCK

Those pirates do move around. We recently discovered a guild-member's ship had been scuttled (what a mess!) Fortunately, the pirates didn't loot the hold. :)

5. Barok

Barok Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Can unattended ships be attacked by guildmates/aliance members or members of guilds you are at war with?

6. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

As far as I know they still can be. I know a certain alliance member used to shoot mine up in Tram a good bit when he would run across it, and I would return in kind lol. I haven't been on the water in quite a few months tho but have not seen anything on a change. I couldda missed it tho *shrugs*