1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

My simple case for more stable slots

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Lorax_Pacific, Nov 3, 2012.

?

Increase stable slots?

1. Yes

34 vote(s)
    94.4%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    5.6%
  3. Don't Care

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Lorax_Pacific

Lorax_Pacific Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

There are so many tameable creatures and creature colors some rideable some better for some battle areas or conditions.

I want to have 128 stable slots for 120 taming, animal lore, and vet. Seems to me to be a crazy low limit right now and for what reason just a number pulled out of...?

A house placement stable each with 14 slots would be great.

Each of my containers can have 125 weapons for each slayer type or property combinations and I can overload my house with containers for all warriors' implements. Tamers I get 14 slots wtf to that.

-Lorax

#1 Lorax_Pacific, Nov 3, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2012
    kRUXCg7 likes this.
  2. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I don't know about 128...... but I will say that they could increase it some. Or allow some other way to "store" pets.

G.v.P, kRUXCg7, LordDrago and 2 others like this.
  3. Thunderz

Thunderz Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Agreed we've had house store age increase twice bank storage increase char increase twice its about time we did

Thunderz

#3 Thunderz, Nov 4, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2012
    kRUXCg7 likes this.
  4. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Yes.

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  5. kRUXCg7

kRUXCg7 Sage

Just think about the frenzied ostards or other pack animals, they will clutter up stable slots immediately. I am all for increasing stable slots. 100+ seems like a good plan to me, I am all for it. And DON'T, please DON'T make it a 15th year veteran reward!

6. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

There has never been a good reason once control slots were introduced to not have an unlimited stable. Or if not unlimited much much much higher that it is now. I mean there are so many more pets than there are stable slots, thats ignoring the pack animals.

Long overdue.

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  7. Borric

Borric Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah, +1.

8. CovenantX

CovenantX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I never play my tamer, but you can never have enough stable slots.

9. Ron Silverbeard

Ron Silverbeard Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

i would love to see a champ drop, a stable for my house, like a vendor :)

10. Tangled Metal

Tangled Metal Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

They could do it based on gold. If you have a full stable you can stable pets for say 100k per slot or something like that....

11. Siabra

Siabra Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

rotfl:spider:

12. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I kinda treat stable slots like I do housing space..... not enough make another tamer..... not enough make another tamer..... well now I have about 7 or 8 Tamers plus put some critters on vendors at New Magincia and I STILL don't have enough slots.

We could easily double the slots for both and not have enough.

I would like to see tamers at full 120's getting 50 slots and non-tamers get 10.

With so many awesome pets and pet combinations out there we just don't have enough room to keep our beloved pets. Either that or what would be really nice would be more of a "storage" space at my house. Somewhat similar to the New Magincia Vendor where I can place my pets in there for more of a "showcase" type setting. Where they can be viewed and such but to get them "out" they would go to the stable... and put them in from the stables. With one of those posts at my house I could put them into my stable right from there and then place them into the "showcase". It's a thought but I love my pets and I just can't bear the thought of just getting rid of one because something new came along. But my stables are already cramped as is.

And my crafters have one heck of a time managing stable space. With blue beetle, fire beetle, Iron Beetle and a set of packies I have NO ROOM for making a Golem. Want a Golem sorry can't help you I have no stable space and I'm not about to let one of my pets go and unbond it just to make someone a Golem.

Samaira and kRUXCg7 like this.
  13. Wenchkin

Wenchkin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

We certainly need more stable space. Really, if a warrior can collect and store hundreds of swords, I don't understand why tamers are so far behind. Any other profession can store hundreds of items, tamers aren't even allowed 20 lol. I think the devs forgot we had control slots preventing us from claim all - all kill massacres ;) Really, it won't hurt anyone if we can stable more pets.

I used to rush out to get a new pet the minute it was released. Then my tamers ran out of stable space. I had to throw a pet out if I wanted a a new one. But I spent time selecting and training my pets. It wasn't terribly hard dumping pets to begin with, but now....Bleh! Many of them are more than 10 years old, I don't collect anything in UO but I do like to keep pets that were good fun over the years. And my first tames obviously too. I've stopped taming new pets, it was entirely my choice, but I find it hard to get interested in new pets when the first thought is "where the heck would I put one?!" I don't do disposable pets.

My personal favourite is the newbie tamer or crafter who can control 5 easy pets but can't stable them when he logs out *facepalm*. 5 should be the minimum for everyone. If you can tame and control it, you should be able to stable it. Nobody will die if a new tamer can stable 5 wolves on his first day...

It's a good job-non tamers don't have to pay RL$ just to store an extra 2 items in their homes hehehehe. Or that players can own more than 14 weapons at any time :D

Wenchy

BeaIank and kRUXCg7 like this.
  14. Vor

Vor Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

My two mains are tamers. I've never had issues with the available storage slots.

15. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Well if you just use the small pool of pets that can deal with high end content, its not a problem. If you want to explore all of the other various options like Raptors, or Wolf Spiders... whatever, you have to really juggle. Also, the game encourages at very least thematically (by I would argue practically) that pets are not throw away tools, but are developed companions. So just releasing pets you have had for years if and when they release new pet content is something lots of people feel bad about doing.

Samaira likes this.
  16. Odin of LS

Odin of LS Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Yes please!

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  17. Olahorand

Olahorand Slightly Crazed

Could imagine a "nice" side effect of special house based stables - if the house collapses, the pets are freed up in the spot and wild ... surprise for the idocers.

Wenchkin, kRUXCg7, MalagAste and 2 others like this.
  18. Falon of Eldor

Stratics Veteran

+million times....i had to sacrifice my blue beetle for a turkey! And the little bunnies from years ago....had to bury them too. Tamer 115/115/100....begs for more stable slots...*stores vollem crystal b/c no more space!.........(siege player)

#18 Falon of Eldor, Nov 6, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
    kRUXCg7 likes this.
  19. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

lol yeah 128 seems kind of random. I'm all for raising the cap, though. honestly, I don't think I use more than 15 weapons or spellbooks per char...you can have 14 stable slots, I think...so meh. I don't know. it's a balance between hoarding and variety. if EA ever pushed a pet rebalance then I think we would all want at least 20 slots for a decked out tamer.

would be kind of cool to own an army of frenzied ostards and eat your cake, too. right now niche tamers have a hard time with the limited stable slots. 128 seems like too much of an increase, but I can understand why someone would want 100 slots. might not be practical. I don't think there are even 100 things you can tame in this game.

kRUXCg7 and Sauteed Onion like this.
  20. Sauteed Onion

Some people like having several different color Cu Sidhe's ( I call em cooey's) for whatever reason; others like having slots for pets they intend to train and sell, some just like having multiple pets of the same type to see which stats are important for what areas. And then you got people like me who tame pets and eat em. Mmmmm.

21. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie

Animal-type variants on the craftable coops for chickens would be my preferred option (although I'd not like to go too far down that route and have crafted 'dragon kennels'!), for the 'fun' and novelty pets like ferrets, changeling dogs and so on a pet house seems a reasonable thing to have available - it's a bit weird they take up the same stable storage as a greater dragon when you ask the NPCs at the stables to look after them for you....

Sauteed Onion likes this.
  22. Bobar

Bobar Babbling Loonie

I wouldn't argue for a large increase but I would certainly like the number of slots to be increased a little. All my slots are full and I would hate to have to release any of my pets, some of whom I have had for years. I am dreading the introduction of any new pet which might be a 'must-have' and have to choose. Its strange but although they are merely pixels one tends to think of them in the same way as R/L pets. I have spent many enjoyable hours in their company and an attachment forms. (it does for me anyway).

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  23. Nyses

Nyses Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I'd love to see the number of stable slots at least doubled. Non tamers get 8 and tamers maxed at 120 get 28. Two of my tamers have a dog pack, a Cu, and a Greater dragon, that is at least half their stable slots right there. Consider also a Mare Beetle combo, A Dread and or Bane, a blue beetle ans maybe a Hiryu and you are about out of slots as a full 120 tamer.

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  24. Samaira

Samaira Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I have long thought that there should be some leeway when it comes to packs (as in, five creatures of the same pack instinct count as one stable "slot", perhaps?). I'm all for increases across the board. Let a Samurai have five different lessers if he wants! Can't take them all out at once, so what's the harm?

kRUXCg7 and Sauteed Onion like this.
  25. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Buy why not? There's only one good reason stable slots should be limited -at all- and that's a game data issue, just like lock downs in a house. And just like pets, there's only one good reason to limit how much junk people can own and store in their homes... a technical reason. Though I have a feeling that now a days its not really an issue in any way since no one uses a 56k like they did when the lock downs were implemented. So if nothing else people should just have the ability to stable pets in their homes at the cost of one lock down.

Extra, even UNLIMITED stable slots would have zero effect on game play. It would just be like a warrior getting an extra box for items. Nothing new being done that couldn't have been done before, just more choice of what you want to keep. Or if you want to look at it in a different tamers are like taking a warrior, telling him "you can use 5 items at a time, but some items count for 5 etc, and well give you space for 20 odd items in the bank.". Not a perfect analogy but you get the drift.

Lorax_Pacific and kRUXCg7 like this.
  26. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot

With every new animal .................
    With every holliday that lets you have a new type pet.
    Even the non tamer, I cant tell you how many of my little people have 2 yes only 2 pet slots in the stable!
    Look Pet slots is bad enough that I cant take out my WW Team anymore to gather leather in Destard..
    With each tamed animal for a tamer to have ... the slots got filled. On 3 of my Legendary Tamers the slots are stuffed. I had to give to a lesser character my pet llama packie that I needed to get a GD...... (I was happy with my WW, till you made my WW a stable sitter.)
    Is it too much to ask for it back to the way it was in 97. There was no limit on stables or pets to run with.
    Ok I'll conciede some of the fel running tamers who pvp would slaughter the rest if they could have more then 1 GD. But this escalation of power that requires more powerfull pets has to stop. I like my WW... and I am not alone!
    Oh, btw please make it so a turkey can go in the coop... and maybe make a rabbit hutch too like it.. I got pink bunnys who need to get out of the stable... they scared they get stomped on by the GD!!!!!

#26 Lady Storm, Nov 7, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
    kRUXCg7 likes this.
  27. Kas Althume

Kas Althume Crazed Zealot

Even tho I don't need em myself you got my vote. ;)

kRUXCg7 likes this.