1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

My thoughts on the Moonglow event

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Hunters' Moon, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Hunters' Moon

Hunters' Moon Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Oct 19, 2004

I thought the graphics were awsome when everyone was pulled into the alternate Moonglow.

Very well thought out storyline imo(Inu isn't as crazy as many say,now is she?)

It brought alot of players that I haven't seen in a long time.

What I didn't like about it:

For those,like me,that didn't have blackrock didn't have an "easy" way to get be a top 3 damager along with the tamers.

When you die...you're done. Last night I decided to try to be the Medic and rez anyone that would come into my chosen "quadrent" of the cloistered Moonglow. I would rez them and try to g-heal them,but as soon as they would step away not 5-6 tiles they would get chewed up by any number of beasts there. There is no real "safe zone" in the cloistered Moonglow,not even at the npc healer house.

For those few,like me,that play late(2am-4am) and want to hunt in Moonglow-what chance do we have? Going in there solo is suicide even for a tamer and a super dragon.
  2. Well, I like the event very much, but I find it a bit sad that there is no content and nothing to do for medium equipped players. If you have good equipment (close to 70 resist) you can go in, try to single out creatures and kill them quite well. I've been doing so with my melee fighter and with my mage. However, there were always a few people around which helped a lot.
  3. Guest

Guest Guest

For those few,like me,that play late(2am-4am) and want to hunt in Moonglow-what chance do we have?

[/ QUOTE ]

None, really.

It would be nice if the spawner could adjust itself based on local population. Since it doesn't the place rapidly deteriorates once the shard's prime time peak population starts to drop off.

I don't even want to think about what LS is gonna look like tomorrow afternoon, it was more than we could do to keep the rift area mildly safe at 9pm when we had the most folks on.

It wasn't long before the crowd in the real Moonglow standing around the crater was larger than the group actually in there fighting, and from that point on it became pretty much hopeless.
  4. Guest

Guest Guest

That's why I don't like just giving things insane stat boosts and wild numbers of hit points and saying they are harder. Yeah...ok...it's harder. But it's not really fun, that way. Better AI that fought smarter would be harder, and would be fun. But no...everything has exactly the same AI...even spellcasters and archers. Walk directly towards the target and whack it. Yay. It's the 21st century...I think the AI could be improved just a bit.

If you don't have at least 60s, don't bother coming into Moonglow, you'll die in one hit. I can't count how many people I've seen appear at the rift...and plop over dead instantly because a berserker had chased someone out it and was still hanging around.