1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

My two cents

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Speedy Orkit, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

What has happened as of late with the scamming and stuff...that isn't SP. As much animosity that happens on this shard, we are a pretty tight community. I hate certain people, but I try to act civil as best I can, and don't respond to the posts that annoy me like I used to. The ones that have been engaging in this behavior are within the parameters of game play, but may not understand the repercussions of their actions, so here it is..

Say a group scams another group for 30m, the shard now hates this group, who is factions. As these people die and lose their suits, they will be paying about 75k in silver(2.25m+) at each death, rather than about 500-750k buying the suit back. If this guild and all affiliates average a death a day, in a month they have spent 60m+ instead of around 20m. Is it worth it guys? Sure you made a quick buck, but you will be losing the business of others, as well as suits constantly. I'm advising no group in particular to look at what was done here, it is a waterfall effect, and no one will profit from it.

2. Diablo FTW

Diablo FTW Visitor

and the people we will kill no suit back too? :yell:

3. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

That is probably how it will go, I would assume, hence why I said good for nobody.

4. Tiberius

Tiberius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

or guilds with access to imbuers and a nice stock of relic frags can make a very good suit and hedge thier temp a bit to keep thier selves in action:).

I can put together a very viable field mage temp using the blessed spellbook that only costs 10k silver to replace the faction faction artis. I can easily replace that once per day.

I like getting to play with the highend faction suit but I DO NOT NEED it to compete; I have been using a midgrade suit for longer than the super suit I wear now.

I built a chiv dismount archer suit for a non fac char the other day; when I was finished it had 3/5 casting, 40 lmc, 8 mr, 3 hpr, almost all 70's resist; it cost me about 13 frags to make it and most of that cost was in the jewels:).
    Oh yea i did build the suit around a non-factioned rbc.

So long as I have good guild support and a good trading reputation around the shard it is not hard to keep myself in action regardless of faction items.

People who lack one or both of the above will quickly find thierselves being flushed.

5. Scuzzlebutt

Scuzzlebutt Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Who's making a quick buck? This is pretty much declared war. Cut off their supply and outlast, and as a community we can outlast these clowns. The only way these jokers kill anyone is if you chase them up onto Luna walls, do not follow them up there. If they want to hold each others ***** up there let them. Eventually they will come down and get wtfpwnd. If this runs them off the shard so be it. I'd rather play with the same 10 people day in and day out than with 1000 new players everyday, as long as those 10 cared about this community and not about scamming people and being the general asshats that have migrated over recently.

6. Tiberius

Tiberius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

QFT, on all points made.

7. Ole Cheapy

Ole Cheapy Guest

Howdy, Pot, I'd like for you to meet my sister, Kettle!

8. Scuzzlebutt

Scuzzlebutt Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Somebody's feewings still hurt? :sad3::sad3::sad3:

9. T'Challa

T'Challa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

You really are a very bitter banana aren't you?