1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

My very first ship battle adventure

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by Pirate Roberts, Nov 2, 2011.

1. Pirate Roberts

Stratics Veteran (LooT)

Well, after a two plus year break, I'm back.

I have been reading all of the wonderful tales of adventure on here and decided to post a quick tale of my own.

I finally made all of the goodies needed to fire a cannon, bought a galleon and set sale east of Ice Island.

I came upon a ship full of orc hummies and set my cannons ablaze.

I think I'm going to like being a high seas Pirate.

I got some good LooT out of the hold and a white cloth dye tub. I remember buying my first black dye tub on ebay some 12 years ago for about $25. Now how the tides have changed.

2. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Those white cloth tubs are hard to get - in terms of gold, it's probably worth as much gold in-game now, as $25 would have bought you gold on ebay back then. Granted, gold is worth about 1/10 or less what it was back then, but still....

3. Pirate Roberts

Stratics Veteran (LooT)

I'm up to three white cloth dye tubs now, have hunted perhaps 12 pirate ships down. I thought those things were rare.