1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Mysterious Strangers Arrive!

Discussion in 'UO Atlantic' started by Lady_Rachel, Jun 22, 2008.

1. Lady_Rachel

Lady_Rachel Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

As Lord Drakelord pointed out in another thread, he located a Mysterious Stranger in Despise today.

It started as a battle with a few courageous warrior, soon to have the ranks aided by archers, tamers, and mages.

He was a hard one to bring down! The special effects were awesome.

Someone did lose a Greater to him too. Unbonded, then died. They say the Dread Horses do well against them. No one had a Cu there so it is uncertain on those yet.

One brave warrior did get a nice Blue chest from the stranger after he died. The gems that were scattered about are different from the ones we normally get as loot, and the gold rained like a champ.

I have to admit I tried talking to him before we attacked, but he is a silent mysterious stranger.
    I didn't try to give him anything though..perhaps next time.

Special thanks to the HoT guild. Without your efforts the battle would have been much much longer!

Be Safe

2. Sam the Scribe

Sam the Scribe Visitor

Greetings friends. Here is another report on the mysterious strangers.

Lord Lymah went to Despise today to gather information on the strange creatures. He encountered one first hand and sent a pigeon to Lady Aalia of Winterbreeze. She showed up with reinforcements and a fierce battle raged on for quite some time. As it turns out, Lymah is a talented sketch artist and drew many fine pictures of the battle. Some highlight the bravery of the warriors and others the tragic loss of life.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Sam the Scribe

Sam the Scribe Visitor

Just as it seemed that the creature was to be killed, he taunted the assembled warriors and claimed that he would return to fight again. Although there appeared to be a corpse, it is not certain if Myxkion had died...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Lady_Rachel

Lady_Rachel Lore Keeper

The Mysterious Stranger is on the Ogre's Lords Shelf in Despise as of this moment.

Help is needed!

5. Sam the Scribe

Sam the Scribe Visitor

Myxkion does a very short transformation into Dragon form at the end of the battle but I've not been able to get a screenie of this yet. If anyone does, please post it to this thread. Thanks.

Safe Travels, Sam

6. LordNoximos

Stratics Veteran

I want both of your ICQ's. :<

Please do add, and contact!

7. Sam the Scribe

Sam the Scribe Visitor

Lord Lymah was in Luna today when another attack occured. This time a female warrior.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lymah tells me he was distracted for most of the battle... he took no damage and was not attacked even though he sat on his horse in plain view. The warrior was female, and seemed as lethal, if not more so than the mysterious stranger that terrorizes Despise. He also witnessed a Cu become unbonded from it's owner.

Lymah also sketched the aftermath of the battle. Doing what he could to heal those around him but spurred by greed, many dove quickly after the treasure that appeared around the corpse of the fallen warrior. They were stricken with illness.

More updates as they become available.

Safe Travels, Sam

8. Jermosh

Jermosh Guest

The lag on the Luna battle is horrific, especially with the Fire blast at the end. I am going to try ot turn down my system a little next time.
    Also I had good luck with my Titan, just could not keep him healed when it lagged. Going to try a OL next time.

9. Lady_Rachel

Lady_Rachel Lore Keeper

I just missed the last one.

How did it go?

10. Seismic

Seismic Guest

Can you guys keep us updated when the new strangers spawn and where?? Subscribed! :)

11. LordNoximos

Stratics Veteran

Two spawned in a row in Luna today around 10 AM Est.

Both female named Keldia.