1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Mysterious Strangers-Location on your shard ?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Eros, Jun 24, 2008.

1. Eros

Eros Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Where are the Mysterious Strangers located on your shard ? And has anyone seen one on Legends today and where at ?

2. K'torr

K'torr Guest

So far on Siege, only in Despise.

3. Tazar

Tazar Guest

Atlantic - So far, only level 3 of Despise.

4. cant find it on legends...maybe someone killed already and hasnt respawned

5. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

My sources have seen him all over Despise (even in the entrance), and I consider those sources to be very reliable.

Other sources say that he can walk up stairs, but I consider those sources less reliable, but I wouldn't count out the possibility.

6. Emil IsTemp

Emil IsTemp Guest

On Pacific, Despise various levels. Helped with 3.

One on top floor, one on bottom by ogre lords, and the other right at the stairs on bottom level.

Compared to yesterday with the loot changes and all, it looks as if the 'rarer' gems are dropping with much less frequency. I got like 20 of each from 2 strangers yesterday, and 2 gems total from one today..

7. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Of EACH?!
    Wow, I want to hunt in your group. From my 3, I have 15-20 of most and 4-6 of a couple.

8. Only in Despise, seen him on the first and third levels

9. Corwin

Corwin Guest

He does walk up and down stairs. But not on his own. If you attack him, he will follow you even if you go up or down stairs. Only safe retreat I had was to run outside of the dungeon.

10. Finch

Finch Guest

What is best to kill him with?

11. packrat

packrat Guest

Archers do fairly well against him. It doesnt matter what type of bow you use. You don't get anything for damage. Everyone gets looting rights. So you can basically show up on your smith and get loot after it dies. But, it is fun to slay it.

12. Finch

Finch Guest

Ok sounds great, now the hard part, finding him!!

13. christy1221

christy1221 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

If they can even be found. :(

14. Thunderz

Thunderz Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

iv checked despise all day on 8 different shards and iv only seen him at server up on napa and the remains (loot all over the floor) on another server (cant think wich one *edit* it was cats) and thats it, he was fixed in maitanace but seems he's only spawned at server up and thats it! so maybe thats that part of the event over, he kept respawning till every server had killed him once? or he's in a different dungeon now? anyone checked the others?

The loot was changed at maitanance, he now seems to only drop regular gems (out of the 43 i picked up all were vendor gems) he drops armour, weps and scrolls like a DF all over the floor, not sure if the box is still takeable or like a treasure chest and iv herd rumours there is cursed artis and crimsons dropping to the floor but atm its just hearsay i havent seen it, can anyone confirm? or if he's spawned more than once per server today?

15. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I bet the stranger dropping arties, crimsons and other high end stuff wasn´t intended, wich is why we didn´t find any strangers on most shards. Maybe the devs pulled the plug of those creatures, till they fixed loot?

16. Deb

Deb Guest

Well if that is the case...couldn't Jeremy or someone come here and let all
    know...geezzzzzz.:lame:

17. well I sure hope they redoing the spawning on it, spent most of the day looking for the dang thing. :sad2: Tomorrow at server up I will be looking for it again :sad3: I sure hope they fix it to respawn more then once.

18. Restless

Restless Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

just my assumption but im guessing Myxkion will only spawn in despise... the story that was about him is called "The Six"... probably be 6 different guys in 6 different dungeons, Myxkion happens to be the 1st of them to show up and Despise is his dungeon, and it seems he can appear anywhere in it

19. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

The six refers to six virtue stones. The black stone (Humility) and the white stone (spirituality) are reputed to not be in the dungeons.

20. THP

THP Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

BNN: The Six Jeremy Dalberg 23 Jun 2008 15:48:57

"He despised the cold.

Ice sliced through the air in silver streams, shrieking past the solitary figure atop the snowcapped peak. The Serpent's Spine coiled below him, its sinuous peaks and valleys dividing half the seeming world. He closed his eyes.

It seethed with malice, a chaotic surge of destruction that felt both familiar and new. The dungeon buried in its depths held things, he knew, that his kind sought. Perhaps it was there, perhaps it was not, this thing he had been sent to find, but it didn't matter. He would descend."
    -----------------------------------------

Kinda tells u its Despise only at the mo. ya ya:grouphug:

21. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

I wonder if those huts beyond the wall by the acid elementals (which appear to have been added in the last year or so) are his digs... They even have banners with apparent "M"s on them.