1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Fencing] Mystic Dexxer Questions

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Arrgh, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Arrgh

Arrgh Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I can't seem to find anything solid regarding a necro/mystic/dexxer or to be more exact a Curse Weapon Mystic dexxer. Most of the links are broken and the one's that aren't don't address my initial question. All I really would want from Necro would be the ability to Curse Weapon while in Stone Form reliably. I normally play mages but rarely play warrior characters so I'm pretty new to this thus the newbie questions.

I'm looking to PvM mostly considering all the suits I have seen on PvP warrior templates are way too expensive for my lack of funds =/

Question 1: Does anyone have a link to a mystic dexxer template that uses Curse Weapon?

Question 2: If I use Curse Weapon with a mystic dexxer does SS affect Curse Weapon potency?

Question 3: If SS does affect Curse Weapon, how high would you recommend it be?

Question 4: Should I go:

120 Mystic
    120 Focus
    120 Weapon
    100 Tactics
    100 Anat
    ? Necro <-- input please?
    ? SS <----

#1 Arrgh, Mar 26, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
  2. Grace of Minoc

Grace of Minoc Journeyman

I can answer one question, SS does not affect Potency of curse weapon. But it does affect length of time it lasts.

It lasts 30 seconds at GM SS and 6 seconds with human JOAT. I use GM SS because 6 seconds goes by ridiculously fast.

Oh and if you are only going to use necro for curse weapon you only need 40 points in it to cast it 100%

Arrgh and kRUXCg7 like this.
  3. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

So I had the same idea. There is a seminal post on the warrior forum from Lord GOD called Mystic Dexxer solod Slasher or something like that. I tried to adjust the build by removing healing and going 40 Necro and 60 SS, but I found it was not as effective. This sort of char is a true tank. What it did not do well was have continuous AI damage of 150 plus and therefore it didn't heal like I wanted it to with just curse weapon. I tried a few battles with Navrey on TC and it didn't go so well for me. Maybe you will have better success. My tests were in 2010 and some things have changes since then.

Arrgh likes this.
  4. Arrgh

Arrgh Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Thank you both for your insightful replies. :thumbup1: Now I know a lot more than I did! I will try GM SS with 40 Necro on TC along with the other skills and see what chews me up and spits me out. Obsidian, are you saying Armor Ignore needs to hit 150 or more in order to be effective in healing using CW on high end bosses?

Thanks again guys :)

#4 Arrgh, Mar 27, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
  5. Grace of Minoc

Grace of Minoc Journeyman

I believe they are going to make it so two handers are balanced? If so, then it would be great to use one for the extra damage that would give you
    more life leech with CW and on top of that you are able to use your Healing Stone for emergency heals.

You have inspired me on the Mystic dexxer again as I tried it before but couldnt get it quite right.

Maybe:

120 weapon
    120 focus
    120 mystic
    100 ss
    40 necro
    120 tactics
    100 anatomy

Using a two hander with the free balance mod to use the Healing Stone and getting more damage/life leech and the up to the tactics too.

oh and of course the cleansing winds spell, so now got three ways to heal

#5 Grace of Minoc, Mar 28, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2013
  6. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

I think balanced will be an available mod for 2H weapons, but it will still take up one of your 5 mod slots. I'm waiting to see how it works in pub 81.

Curse weapon leeches 50% of your damage back as health. When I tried the curse weapon stone form warrior stamina was my big problem. And when I could not leech sufficient stamina I swing slower and then could not stay healed. It was a vicious cycle. But that was my experience on TC when I tried it out 2 years ago. Suits are better now with reforging.

Arrgh and kRUXCg7 like this.
  7. RazicGL

RazicGL Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Can I just ask, Are you running Vamp for AND Curse wep? also with the addition Cwinds, SS Heals, Vamp Form, Cuse Wep and Healing stone you should always be at max HP lol. if you find you are running out of mana???? Just hop into wraith form for a moment swing a couple of times and Bingo! back at max mana. Interesting template.