1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Discussion] Mystic Ophidian Staff

Discussion in 'UO Rares Collector' started by UOMarissa, Sep 26, 2012.

1. UOMarissa

UOMarissa Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I found this in a bag in an IDOC recently on Napa. I have tried to figure out where it came from, but nothing comes up. Anyone know anything about it? MysticOphidianStaff.jpg

2. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

It is from the Ophidian invasion of 2006 that hit Vesper mainly. They were a cool find, hard to get, but with the bijillions of ophidians killed there are alot out there. still something you dont see everyday. Also came in Power and Vanquishing varieties, but always were a scepter. The Berserkers Bardiche was another uncommon drop but that droped only off the berserkers.

Assia Penryn likes this.
  3. Assia Penryn

Assia Penryn The Sleeping Dragon
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Great explanation!! :thumbup:

4. Pfloyd

Pfloyd Colorblind Collector

Mystic Staff (Staves?) came from the Ophidian spellcasters ie Sorcerers, Apprentice Mages etc. and Mystic Weapons (Melee) came from non-spellcasters ie Warriors. Knight-Errants etc. AFAIK (R)emember.

5. UOMarissa

UOMarissa Journeyman

Thank you for the great explanation :) I will hold on to this for a little while, just because I can.