1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Mystic/Spellweaving Bard

Discussion in 'UO Bard' started by Useful Idiot, May 19, 2014.

1. Useful Idiot

Useful Idiot Visitor

Hello all,

I have been away from the game awhile and have a build/playstyle question. Currently I am playing my bard,

Music - 100
    Provo- 92
    Magery -100
    Mystic - 95
    Focus - 100
    Meditation -100
    Spellweaving - 30

I had peace and am currently dropping it and raising weaving. I figure meditation can go also. I thought the bard with mystic/spellweaving would be a pretty good build for champ spawns and the like. Is there anything I should change build wise? Am i missing something that is needed? Right now, I just provo and cast RC. It seems to do the job. What spells should I be casting? I know RC is big for mystic, but what about weaving? I liked the idea of a self rez and death blow. I heard magery with no eval and meditation is pretty useless, which is ok, cause i just use it for invis and travel. Will my mana regen ok without meditation using mystic and weaving spells? Also, I try to stay in a 100% LRC and as much lower mana cost as I can find. I had FC 2 and FCR 7 at one point but died and lost gear. (getting gear back together)

So, what is your opinion? Is this a solid build? and what should i be casting? Thanks for your time.

2. azmodanb

azmodanb Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

With zero med.. You can always get a studded suit.. With high mana gen and 55% lmc .. So ur spells cost 15% less then just 40% lmc on a leather suit

DreadLord Lestat likes this.
  3. CorwinXX

CorwinXX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

45% compared to 60% = 25% less

4. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Does Lower Mana Cost (LMC) also have effect on the Bard "Masteries" consumption of mana ?

If so, just like the masteries were regular spells or in a different way ?

Thanks !

5. Logrus

Logrus UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran

Yes LMC affects both the upkeep and cast cost of the bard masteries.