1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Mysticism Part...?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by I Play UO, Jan 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I Play UO

I Play UO Visitor

I don't know how many times it must be posted, re-iterated, and screamed before something is done to fix this bug. Nether bolt and eagle strike are not working as intended. For those who are clueless about PvP and will undoubtedly respond with "get good and stop crying", I will spell out exactly how it is broken for you.

Typically when one casts a spell in UO, it is either direct damage or delayed damage. In the case of nether bolt and eagle strike, they are both delayed damage spells. This means that all affects of the spells should only take place when the correct amount of time passes after the spell is cast upon another. For example, if i cast a harm right before someone is about to finish casting flamestrike, their flamestrike should be disrupted. However, if I cast nether bolt or eagle strike just before a flamestrike is about to finish, they should not be disrupted.

Now that you understand the basic mechanics of mage PvP in UO, you should now be able to comprehend the bug itself. After the release of publish 69, nether bolt and eagle strike are both acting as instant-casting spells, as well as delayed-casting spells. This means that these spells will disrupt the opponent as soon as they are casted, and when the actual damage from them is shown on the opponent. This means that by casting merely two spells, you are actually given the ability to disrupt your opponent four separate times.

I was very appreciative that the dev team actually fixed magic arrow nether bolt spam, which was also an extremely broken mechanic of the game. However, I realized how foolish it was to actually think they would not create an even worse problem in fixing it. Because of this, I have not logged into my account for several weeks.

I understand the dev team has a lot of things that need to be addressed, and too few people to do it. However, there is such a thing as prioritizing. I believe a bug that completely ruins an entire aspect of the game should at least be in the top five.

2. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

There is already an informative thread on this subject. Please keep your comments there. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.