1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Mysticism

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by Luna Rossa, Sep 20, 2009.

1. Luna Rossa

Luna Rossa Guest

Not sure if this is the spot or not to ask this but here goes.

I have added this to my recently switched over character and have been getting conflicting stories.

Does anyone know if...I need imbuing to make my spells effective?
    other then meditation and eval intelligence, is there any other skill that is a "must have" to make my mysticism spells effective?

I have tried looking up skills on stratics but it really does not say or I can not find it.

Thanks for now!

2. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Imbuing, according to UOGuide.com, "enhances" certain mysticism spells, as does eval int. I think that eval int and imbuing add to damage increase, and imbuing increase the effectiveness of some spells.

Anatomy and tactics are needed for a couple of spells, I believe.

http://www.uoguide.com/Mysticism

3. Gelf

Gelf Guest

from what i could tell( when i tested it on open beta) eval and imbuing are must haves for mysticism. for example rising colossus with 120 myst and 120 eval had 80 wrestle, when i added 120 imbu just about all stats/skills increased by 50%. wrestle became 120, plus alot more hp, better resists ect.
    seemed the same on all the spells i tested as well. so i figured imbuing = 1/3 the power. over all i think 120 spellweaving with a 6 focus is better than 120myst/120 eval/120 imbu.

4. Juraveil

Juraveil Guest

Ill have to say from everything I have seen so far with Mysticisim it is quiet disapointing. I have heard it is meant to be a tool box but even if thats the case you pick and choose what skills you want according to the spells you want, even then Mysticisim is one expensive skill when it comes to all the supporting skills required with it.

5. The Lox

The Lox Guest

It really depends on what you want to do with Mysticism.

http://uo.stratics.com/php-bin/show_content.php?content=30773

As you can see on that page, there aren't alot of spells that require Imbuing to enhance their effectiveness. I personally use it mostly for pvp without imbuing, as all but a couple spells you would use in pvp require eval only.

6. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

They are used for one spell, Animated Weapon, and it's a useless spell.

e.g. 120 Mysticism, 120 Imbuing, 120 Eval Int: Animated Weapon (4 control slots) vs. 1 Toxic Slith. Guess who won?