1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Mythic Char Token Question

Discussion in 'UHall' started by funkymonkey, Sep 20, 2012.

1. funkymonkey

funkymonkey Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Hi got a token, wanted to pick Spell weaving as one of the options, but its greyed out, the chars has done the quest but i still cant pick it, any ideas?

2. Fogsbane

Fogsbane Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I saw the same thing, and wondered if it was because the desired skill for choice was not zero to start?
    (I had also completed the Spellweaving Quest, but the choice was unavailable and greyed out when using the token)

One of the times I had used a Mythic token I think I had two skills that were greyed out - and both were above 0.
    (I don't have my notes with me at the moment to reference what that other skill was that was greyed out, but I am fairly certain that it was also above zero when I used the token and i could not choose it as it was greyed out).

3. BeaIank

BeaIank Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

When I used the token for my bard, two skills were grayed out as well. Spellweaving was one of them, and from what I recall, meditation was the other one, as it was over 50 when I used the token.

I too would like to know if spellweaving is really not available through the token, as I am planning to get two more, and one would be mostly to get SW in order to help with focus.

4. funkymonkey

funkymonkey Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Thing is for me Sw is 0, Ill try soon to raise it to 20 see what happens

5. funkymonkey

funkymonkey Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Any ideas, still cant get it to work...

6. Tazar

Tazar Guest

When you start a new character and select "advanced" rather than a standard template - Spellweaving is not an option. It is also not an option on the Advanced Character Token. This may have carried over to the Mythic Tokens as well.

7. Voodoo Bad Mojo

Voodoo Bad Mojo Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend 4H

id assume this is because when the elves came into the game you had to train SW from 0 skill.
    there was no way to buy the skill in game.
    so its probably a left over from that.

and i had a second skill that was greyed out for me as well, trying to remember what it was..... stealthing?
    and im assuming that was greyed out because it requires another skill before that one can be used?

granted, so do all barding skills.

8. BeaIank

BeaIank Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

I used another mythic token yesterday.
    SW was greyed out again, and the other skill that was greyed was throwing, since my character was human, which makes tons of sense.
    I believe that gargoyles would have archery greyed out for them.

Still, I wonder why we can't pick spellweaving from the token. :(

#8 BeaIank, Sep 25, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  9. Shamus Turlough

Shamus Turlough Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I'm pretty sure it's because you have to finish a quest chain to unlock spellweaving on a new character. Try doing the quest, getting a couple points in it, then try the token.

10. Fogsbane

Fogsbane Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

It would be awesome if a dev could indicate what can/cannot be chosen as limitations to the Mythic Token:

In answer to the original post - Can one choose Spellweaving at all? - even after completing the quest?
    (as some of us have indicated we had)

Can one choose Throwing, if not a Gargoyle?

How high can a skill can be before it is unable to be selected and "overwritten"?

Here are some screenshots from a video i took when i had used a token (on Siege on Sep-06) ~

In this one, you can see that Spellweaving and Throwing are unavailable for selection.
    Also Peacemaking is unavailable for selection, as it is already at 95.1, but Provocation was available and is at 57.8

[​IMG]

Here is what I saw on the second page
    [​IMG]

Here is how the chosen skill choices appeared, also now unavailable for selection, as they were selected.
    [​IMG]

This was what appeared just before final acceptance.
    [​IMG]