1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Mythic/ EA really dropping the ball over this map thing

Discussion in 'UO Spiels N Rants' started by Widow Maker, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Widow Maker

Widow Maker Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

:cursing: I am simply astounded by the financial wellbeing failure shown by this idiotic, bloated, non-money-making-thinking corporation. :mad:

For 10 years+, their customers have been happily paying different people for server access to play with their group of friends, on THEIR product, with a decent mapping utility. A great deal of money at that!!

Mythic / EA spends millions designing a (imho) decent new client and are desperate for people to use it, for a variety of very valid reasons. Yet... many many many people who say they would willingly switch , me included, are saying they will not switch because of the lack of a decent mapping utility.

People are BEGGING for someone / anyone to take their money so they can play in the comfortable mapped way that they have been playing for a decade+. Instead of the light going off in some empty minded design/marketing Mythic / EA bafoon's head, they comfortably stick their head back into that pile of sand they always have had closely available.

WHY has there not been a grand announcement that they will be releasing a fully functional map client, and renting server space....immediately. Or...run a competetion for the best working player made utility, with the winner earning an "approved" status (whatever that is).

Is it possible that there is not a single forward thinking person left there that recognizes the word "Profit". It is not like they do not already have vast resources of under/non-utilized used server hardware and bandwidth available. Maybe it is the capitalist in me, but I would be squeezing every cent out of that old equipment as I could.

Good heavens people, are there no thinking people left in all those buildings you occupy across the country? It is no wonder that we, the USA, are declining to a 3rd world country...on an intellectuall level, among many other levels. :loser:

There are simply no adjectives that can go with the word "pathetic" to accurately describe this situation. :thumbdown:

2. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I don't know about you, but I'm NOT paying for another third party program that should be in the game in the first place.

3. Konge

Konge Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I'm sorry to say this, but yes, we know that you want UOAM features in UO. This is only made obvious by the multiple posts mentioning it, they said the enhanced client is only in beta, and they are apparently looking into what the players want. So if you want to talk about this, why not use the thread that DEV's and Chrissay actually post into sometimes? Wouldn't that be a smart move? And honestly... do you REALLY think EA/Mythic spent "Millions" of dollars on the enhanced client that they're releasing for free? When you make it yourself, it's much cheaper than when you buy it... and I doubt that that was in the millions even if they DID buy it...

4. JC the Builder

JC the Builder Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I don't believe either author was planning to charge for their map application.

5. Setanta

Setanta Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Last time I looked, the SA expanded map was much better than the old "radar view" of previous clients. Sure, it is no Automap, but I think I'll give them some time before I start complaining about it. At least, this time around, they seem to be actually fixing bugs and doing it more or less correctly. I've seen several problems fixed without introducing new ones.

6. Nastia Cross

Nastia Cross Guest

Even if the new client map was improved to where it was an equal to UOAM, I still wouldn't play the EC because the graphics give me a headache. I can't look at those graphics for more than five minutes without my eyes hurting. I'm being absolutely serious. If they make a better map, it should be included in the classic client.

7. Arch Magus

Arch Magus Guest

LOLL - I doubt that very much.. Probably closer to the 10's of thousands range bud...