1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Mythic should hire this band to do a UO soundtrack.

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Velvathos, Jul 4, 2009.

1. Velvathos

Velvathos Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2W9WLFg4JeY

Seriously, no joke.. I heard this song and the only thing I could think of was UO...

I won't lie though, we do need new and better music in UO, hopefully in SA.. But, they should hire this band if they ever decide on a new soundtrack..

2. Wallenstein

Wallenstein Guest

I don't know what it is but I've noticed a lot of new songs playing while in Britain Bank, the pubs, etc.. when I first started in 2003 all I heard for years was the same stuff over and over.. but since, I'd say, mid-to-late 2008, I've heard some new and better sounding music.

Am I alone?

But that video song is awesome. Reminds me of a pan flute street group of Native Americans who play here all the time in Boston at Faneuil Hall.

3. Velvathos

Velvathos Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Yes.. Over the past few years, underground rock and metal music has evolved into folk and acoustic metal.. Most bands play a style that is based on their culture, Eluveitie, the band in the video, sings in gaelic, which is a extinct language and also known as gaulish, gaelic is a bit different. They are also from Switzerland..

Take this band for example, Elvenking, who are from Italy..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzuXVH7FrWg

But these bands all play metal, so you will never hear them, not even at pubs, and they just happen to do slower/lighter songs on occasions..

4. Dol'Gorath

Dol'Gorath Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

UO could use better music...But in terms of music I like in games I prefer more epic sounding scores.
    Mainly a JRPG style because they encompass multiple genres in a game as opposed to sticking to one style.

5. Nok

Nok Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Nice music, their style would be a great addition to an Ultima soundtrack.

Also including the Ultima-inspired metal band, Ascension, in a boxed bonus CD or at a "MythicFest" live performance. :D

6. hen

hen Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Gaelic isn't extinct you silly sausage.