1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

MYUO down

Discussion in 'UHall' started by GalenKnighthawke, Jun 19, 2011.

1. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Was this known? If so I apologize for missing it.

I'm pretty sure I accessed it Friday, but the 'down' message is dated June 16, which was Thursday!

-Galen's player

2. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

It's been down a while on my end.

3. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

MyUO?

Wow, haven't used that in a loooooooong time.

What is it used for now days?

4. GalenKnighthawke

Stratics Veteran

Remember that the guild info and character lookups are considered part of "MyUO."

So I'm betting many use it more regularly than the are conscious of.

-Galen's player

5. wow ...
    I hadn't even considered "the unconscious hoards" ...:dunce:

6. GalenKnighthawke

Stratics Veteran

Even with the typo ("the" vs "they"), Mr. troll, it's quite plain that what I meant was conscious as in aware.

As in one could use the character search and not be aware that you're on MyUO.

*shrugs*

But, alas, for as long as you are allowed to troll I shall find it necessary to periodically correct you when your trolling attempts have an impact on a post or thread of mine.

-Galen's player

7. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Never considered that........sheesh. lol

8. GalenKnighthawke

Stratics Veteran

You were thinking of the old "log in with your UO account and get personalized content on the site" thing.

Especially, but not limited to, how it was used to log into the old boards.

-Galen's player

9. Flutter

Flutter Always Present

It's quite annoying that it was taken down and not put back up.

10. Flutter

Flutter Always Present

Any dev response on this?

11. lucitus

lucitus UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

12. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

*wonders if it would be too much to hope they are fixing it*

I really hope they are fixing it so it updates more properly. I used to use it to check guild status and things. But it's been horribly off for a long time.

I used to read things on MYUO daily back before AoS... Then it died at some point and the information it gave was hardly worth noting... but our guild used to have all our squires register there so we could keep tabs on their progress. That was how we could see how their skills were doing. Encourage them to work on their templates and things.

Anyway I hope it gets fixed... and *dares to dream*...... updated and improved.

13. Flutter

Flutter Always Present

I'm having trouble understanding why it wasn't left the way it was until something new could replace it.

14. Jirel of Joiry

Jirel of Joiry Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Well its not back up.

If its like everything else they do to the website, you'll never see it again.

Let's see back when Jeremy was Community coordinator she was updating the website. Well she was laid off and until now its NEVER been touched.

There hasn't been Developer credits posted up there since 9TH ANNIVERSARY BOX!!!!! GOOD GRIEF!

IMHO- The UO Herald is a utter DISGRACE! I mean go look at the DOAC or Warhammer Online websites. Better yet look at WoW's offical site!
    Up beside those UO Herald looks like friggin Sandford and Son's.

AND--Since I'm already on a troll-erm I mean roll:

The answers in the EA Knowledge base for UO are friggin artifacts! ...Quick call Indiana Jones! They STILL reference Origin Systems and OSI. The most recent thing I saw was from (Drum roll) 2006!

[sarcasm] Yeah, looks like they really give a big rip about UO.[/sarcasm]

Hey EA, I'd consider it a labor of LOVE to fix up the website and the Knowledge Base answers for UO. LOVE as in free, baby, free!

15. Zosimus

Zosimus Grand Inquisitor

I think they are working on it. I saw on Warhammer ( my free trial account I play when I am bored) a dev asking for help with info for the herald for them. We all know by now the DaoCsite is being updated so they must be working on all their sites. Its not like it's the end of the world. MYUO has been quirky for months.

16. Jirel of Joiry

Jirel of Joiry Certifiable

I can hope!!! Actually MYUO has been quirky ever since they introduced Shard Transfers.

I just realized something.....after 9 almost 10 years of playing UO I've turned into a.....................CRANKY OLD UO VET!!!!! LMAO

17. Ahuaeyjnkxs

Ahuaeyjnkxs stranger diamond

You all know exactly what they have been doing instead of LOVING UO.

This is one quick google search about ONE alias of ONE seller and on E-bay where I tought it was illegal...

As I have been a perfect example of the harm that was caused by this inhumane behavior, EA's behavior is a perfect example of the harm that was done by the people who orchestrated this whole "market"...

dosen't take a genius to realise that I know... but when you think about it...

It's pure crazyness, the form that gets worse over time.

I have solutions and have been YELLING them... I don't even want anything in return...

18. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Jirel, the font color in your first post, horrible choice, lol.

19. Zosimus

Zosimus Grand Inquisitor

I went on ebay and looked and typed many things in about UO and didnt find anything concerning a virtual seller. Not sure where you are finding this and not questioning where you may saw this on google but if you actually report the seller to ebay they will ban him because it's illegal to sell virtual items on ebay. Oh you may get a person to work around it but when you find them on ebay you report them and they are gone. If you know who the person is then please report them or PM me the link and I will report them. There are enough sites that buy and sell out there that they dont need ebay anyway but wierd they would.

Also remember this is about MYUO. Not gold sellers on ebay.

20. Ahuaeyjnkxs

Ahuaeyjnkxs stranger diamond

Its about MyUO ?

Oh yes... :dunce:

This was back in 2007, for how long as it been illegal on e-bay ?

You're right I can't seem to find any sellers past 2007...

21. TullyMars

TullyMars Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Dr Mr. Rowland Cox,

Please define temporarily.

Signed,
    A person who finds it difficult to defend against doomsday UO rants with stuff like this going on.

MyUO is offline | Mythic Entertainment | Ultima Online

22. Flutter

Flutter Always Present

I've been sending in weekly "feedback" asking them to please turn it back on. It's an important tool.

23. temu

temu Lore Keeper

I miss MyUO! :sad3:

24. gunneroforgin

gunneroforgin Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

"Temporarily" seems to mean "when I get around to fixing it I will". I loved the character search especially looking up your own characters. It displayed a list of all skills on your character and could see what you could change if needed. I lost the abilty to use that when I set up my user name and password to use my work email address and when I changed jobs the email address was deleted. I never got MYUO character search for my own characters to work again.

25. Painted Elves

Painted Elves Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I was invited to join a guild recently, so I went to MyUO to look up info....nada.
    This really is a nifty tool and helpful! Especially if you are like me and like having unique names for your characters.

26. Acid Rain

Acid Rain Lore Keeper

Character Search My OU ?

Anyone else wondering why its been almost a month since this feature was taken 'temporarily offline' ? This kinda reminds me of the 'Five for Friday' that they stopped outta the blue and now gives 'You are not authorized to access this page - Access Denied' message lol.
    Are they shutting down the non-essentials ?

27. Cloak&Dagger

Cloak&Dagger Guest

Re: Character Search My OU ?

FoF was not exactly removed out of the blue....they replaced it with a stratics forum that is about just as useful as it was. >.>

Anyhow....there is a thread for this, but I don't think they are trying to remove the feature, of course then again I wish they would make it better and more useful but doubt that as well. >.>

28. Woodsman

Woodsman Guest

Well there was already a thread on the front page about it without any answers.

As for Five on Friday, they've kind of replaced it with the sporadic Friday updates. Now we get like a producers update once a month or something, plus patches and comments.

They completely overhauled the Dark Age of Camelot website and moved it back to DarkAgeofCamelot.com so I'm hoping they are working on the same for UO.com and My UO.

29. Cloak&Dagger

Cloak&Dagger Guest

That's kind of my hope too....course I used the word wish cause well, I am more wishing for it than hoping since I have no idea what they are doing.

30. Woodsman

Woodsman Guest

I'm hoping they are overhauling UO.com like they did with DarkAgeofCamelot.com and it's taking longer since it's a little more complex.

31. HD2300

HD2300 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Rebranding uoherald.com is not going to bring in 10,000s of subscribers, not even 1,000s. I think it is very obvious which accounts posting here are "paid by EA".

32. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

not to me, had a stroke - be nice if you give a list please, and use 'general' statements so the post doesn't get deleted. thanks

to the OP, no, I wasn't wondering - can't remember when i used the site last (yrs?) - what does it do?

33. Flutter

Flutter Always Present

I agree they need to fix it. Maybe it has something to do with the servers being moved but damn...

34. Woodsman

Woodsman Guest

Did anybody say it was? No. But cleaning up an incredibly crappy website is a part of a new user experience. It may not seem important to you because you've played for years and you may not play other MMOs, but if a new player comes in and sees a crappy homepage after seeing all of the other MMO webites, it's not going to contribute positively to their overall impression of the game. Nobody expects UOHerald or UO.com to be as useful as EVE or Warcraft or Star Wars, but most of us still can't believe that year after year there are a lot of broken links and that they use Facebook as one of their main communication channels.

From another thread, you and I actually agree though on one thing - if they want to bring in 10s of thousands of new subscribers, it's going to require updating the graphics from something newer than the mid 1990s.
    :lol: Anybody who disagrees with you is being paid by EA, is that it. I'm glad you just came out and said it, I thought the astroturfing comments were funny.

Unfortunately, EA is spending 10s of thousands of dollars paying a bunch of us to post on Stratics instead of putting it into more developers or artists :( Does anybody else in here feel guilty for the large checks we are getting from EA every month?

35. JC the Builder

JC the Builder Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Our guild has been seriously impacted by this outage. We pull our guild character list daily from MyUO in order to keep track of all the characters in our guild. This is the first time in 5+ years this service has been offline for more than a couple days. Why aren't they fixing it?

36. Cloak&Dagger

Cloak&Dagger Guest

Your comment has absolutely no baring on what I posted. Please keep your posts relevant to what I post if you wish to quote me.

I did not say anything about new players, did not say anything about bringing in new players, or enhancing new players experience. And your "quote" is quite humorous and asinine. Thank you for your time.

37. Flutter

Flutter Always Present

I don't think they realize what an important tool it is to us. Please fill out a feedback form JC. I am hoping the more people who fill out a form the faster it will get fixed.
    There's even a "Herald Issues" on the drop down menu:
    Feedback | Mythic Entertainment | Ultima Online

38. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Likewise. Our guild often uses this database to approve registrations on our private forums.

You think that EA paying for some Stratics users' accounts? EA can't even afford to pay people to fix MyUO. rolleyes:

39. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

So what you're saying is that anyone who you don't like is automatically getting payed by EA? I do love your posts, lol.

40. Cloak&Dagger

Cloak&Dagger Guest

Oh, were they trying to say they don't like me? Well I'll be damned, missed the undertone of that post completely. rolleyes:

41. HD2300

HD2300 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

No you do not spam PR talking points about new players, bringing in new players, or enhancing new players experience in every 2nd post you make. But some accounts seem to.

42. Hoffs

Hoffs Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

Agreed that it is a very useful tool and is missed. What is most annoying is the lack of Dev communication once again.

43. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

I miss it as well. I used to use it frequently to look at guild members and check faction rankings.

I am hopeful they are updating it and when it comes back it will be better than before. It does need to be retrofitted to include graphics for gargoyle characters and needs to add new SA skills (imbuing, mysticism, and throwing).

44. Nimuaq

Nimuaq Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Previously posted in ultima online forums:

45. Apetul

Apetul Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
    Stratics Veteran

Ohh TY Nimuaq!!!

Japan devs seems to manage this game alot better than the current devs.

46. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

I was wondering this myself.

I wanted to come back to the wonderful world of Sosaria but I have a few different accounts. Needless to say it's been awhile and I forget which charactors are on which accounts so I wanted to check what chars I had on what accts prior to re-activating.../fail :(

So noone has any clue if or when the site will be back up and running?

Larisa is very sad

47. Nimuaq

Nimuaq Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Go to https://ultimaonline.jp/myuo/login.phtml

The field to the left is for the username while the field to the right is for the password. Click on the round image / button at the bottom of the fields to enter Japanese MyUO.

You will see the paperdoll of one of your characters after login. There are four menus just above the paperdoll. Hovering your mouse on the first menu will show links to your other characters, the third menu will show all the skills of the selected character. These two will solve your problem, so there is no need to investigate what the other links do without knowing where you might end up.

When you want to log out, click on the first link under the text MyUO from the left main menu of the page.

48. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

Wow....very cool thanks!

Unfortunatly I guess you can only access charactors on an activated account, so I can't see what charactors I have on my other 2 accounts...super sad face.

thanks for this work-around though, it's pretty neat :)

49. Gilmour

Gilmour Certifiable

Any word when it will be availible again?

50. Flutter

Flutter Always Present

Not a peep.