1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Gardening] Naturalist White Seeds Question

Discussion in 'UO Botany and Nutrition' started by Venora Rhyse, Jul 7, 2014.

1. Venora Rhyse

Venora Rhyse Adventurer
    UWF

I've been gathering white seeds from the naturalist quest to try to find white campions, but so far when I ID the seeds I only get the modern type plants such as Orfluers, Foxgloves, Hedges, etc. Is this "bad" luck or a bug where I'm only getting modern type plants when IDing the white seed from the naturalist quest? I've been at it for at least a month, so I'm starting to worry lol.

2. Tamais

Tamais Lake Austin Reporter
    Reporter Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Patron Editor

I've not noticed that the white seeds were only giving the new flowers. I'll test it out today and see what happens.

3. Sophi

Sophi Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

If you're specifically looking for campions it might actually be easier to grow a bunch of campions, cross-pollinate them and hope for white mutations. At least that way you'll get 8 white campion seeds at a go.

Venora Rhyse and Tamais like this.
  4. Venora Rhyse

Venora Rhyse Adventurer
    UWF

Yeah that's true, I didn't think of being able to get 8 white seeds at once rather than just one at a time. Both ways I'm sure will take a good while, but like you said at least I'll get 8. So I'll give that a go. Thanks for the suggestion! :)

5. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

Venora, I have 8 white campion seeds on Origin that you can have if you have a way to get them to Atlantic. Shoot me a PM if you want them.

6. Venora Rhyse

Venora Rhyse Adventurer
    UWF

Thanks Tina for the help, but I don't have a way to get to Origin or to get back to Atlantic. I do appreciate the offer tho, it's really nice of you :)

7. Tomarke

Tomarke Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran D^A

I have white campions on Pacific you can have, just need to come get them.

8. jill

jill Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Venora, i've attached a spreadsheet of all the seeds available in the naturalist quest..

Note that the spots in red are the seeds that i've not attained yet but do exist.

This should help you see whats available. (click on pdf to open below)

Good Luck,

-jill

Attached Files:

9. Venora Rhyse

Venora Rhyse Adventurer
    UWF

Thanks for the offer Tomarke, but I don't have any way to get to Pacific or any other shards sorry. I appreciate it tho, thank you :)

Nice spreadsheet! Love the color matching on the colored seeds. Thanks Jill :)

10. Leaf

Leaf Sage
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

How exactly do you get White Seeds from a plant. I am new to this and I thought the only way to get them was from the quest. Thx!

11. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

cross-pollination, but it's a hard road. I have 2 garden beds and x'd my plants for in excess of 2 months before I got a black plant

12. Leaf

Leaf Sage
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Do you just cross pollinate any 2 plants, or does it have to be two types of the same?

13. Pawain

Pawain Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

The parent plants determine the offspring type. If you want a specific type then you had best use two of the same parents and cross them.

14. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

It might be an urban legend, its been too long for me to say I remember for certain, but I thought the wisdom on both white and black seeds was to stress the plants after cross pollination.

15. Tomarke

Tomarke Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran D^A

I grow mine in raised flower beds and have received several batches of mutant seed since I last replied to this thread.

I think that is just an old wives tale.