1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Navigator's World Map

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Lunaticus, Jun 12, 2008.

1. Lunaticus

Lunaticus Guest

So I'm out on the high seas, fishing up a few of the many MIBs inhabiting my secures, when I find my navigator's world map (from the spring decor tokens). UO states that this map "when used on a ship can allow your tillerman to sail you almost anywhere with ease." I plotted points, but nothing happened. Can someone please explain how this map is supposed to work?

2. Desperado_SE

Desperado_SE Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Not real sure, since I haven't used a map on a ship in years, but I think you have to plot you rcourse on the map and then hand it over to the tillerman.

3. Azureal

Azureal Guest

Thats how I remember it too. Hand the map to the dude and off he goes. However, I cant remember if you get your map back...

4. Le KB
    then ... in game trials

Free Ricardo's body for proper burial! ... Habeas Corpus !

5. Kiminality

Kiminality Guest

You're supposed to get the map back.
    Last time I tried, I got the map back.

Hand the map to the tillerman, and he says something like "Arr! A map!"
    Then you say "Goto [waypoint]", where [waypoint] is the number of the pin.
    And the ship goes there... At least, until something gets in your way :/

6. Lunaticus

Lunaticus Guest

Thanks so much everyone; I'll whip that tillerman into shape yet!

7. Piotr

Piotr Stratic's Finest
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

Can you plot in a SoS location and he'll take you right to the spot? :confused:

8. Kojak

Kojak Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

9. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

10. Landicine

Landicine Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I use maps all the time, but I have a question about the navigator's world map. Does it look like the small mediocre world map from a cartographer NPC or does it looks like a big map similar to the world maps made with cartography?

11. Emil IsTemp

Emil IsTemp Guest

Looks like a normal map, cept green hued. Plot your course, click drag, drop on the tillerman... "Yarr a map!" then say "start" or "goto waypoint#" if you get stopped, say "continue"

"slow forward"

12. Landicine

Stratics Veteran

I've seen the item in game on vendors, but I mean when you open it up does it look like small little world map picture from NPC cartographer (~2 inches by 2 inches on my screen) or the larger 4inx4in player-made world map? I've used both maps in the past, and while the player made allows for more accurate course plotting, it tends to cut off bits of the map depending on where the character was standing when it was made.

13. Lunaticus

Lunaticus Guest

Unfortunately, it's the smaller version. It's kind of a pain to use, but it gets the job done.

14. Landicine

Stratics Veteran

Thanks for the info. That's unfortunate. I was wondering if it was worth buying one. It being blessed and a different color than other maps is nice. As such, I usually use the maps made by my GM cartographer since they are big and easier to use. Probably will stay that way.