1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Near Shore Crabbin'

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by Amber Moon, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Amber Moon

Amber Moon Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

May 16, 2008
    Well, I have searched and read most of the threads about lobster and crab methods and results. I am currently using a technique of laying out traps from a a rowboat near shore and picking them up on the bobs or a minute or so, minimizing trap loss.

But my ratios of regular crab and lobster to named seems high. Do you think there is a difference between deep and shallow waters for named crab and lobsters?

Thanks for you opinions....
  2. Parnoc

Parnoc Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Jan 25, 2004
    I don't think the water depth matters, what's happening to you is you're taking the traps out too fast. Somewhere in this forum is an explanation by one of the devs that explains, leaving them in until the 4th and 5th bob gives a much larger chance of getting named and rare crabs and lobsters. I lose about 1/3 or a little over of all my traps, but I get good amounts of named and rares. If you're worried about losing traps, then you'll settle for a lot less good stuff.