1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Nearly 6 years later, can we get more properties (Fey Slayer?) added to imbuing yet? And artifacts?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Ender, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I STILL don't know why imbuing artifacts was removed, it was silly. It was there all through beta and lasted a short time on live servers.

Also Fey Slayer at the very least should be imbueable. I mean... there's been an ingredient for it all along. http://www.uoguide.com/Fey_Wings

2. OREOGL

OREOGL Babbling Loonie
    Professional Campaign Patron

we have to be careful when we start just adding things to crafting. It makes farming items pretty useless, which is pretty close as it is now.

Id like to see some other things added, but not without a great deal of thought behind cause and effect prior to it.

3. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Well Fey Slayer is ONLY available on artifacts still, isn't it? Those artifacts are rather... not good. The spellbook is okay but those aren't imbueable anyway.

And imbuing artifacts wouldn't affect that much at all either.

Spock's Beard likes this.
  4. Maximus Neximus

Maximus Neximus Lore Keeper
    Governor Stratics Veteran 4H

As long as the artifacts are still held to their respective caps, I don't see the issue.

Also agree on the fey slayer property!

Obsidian likes this.
  5. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I'd say maybe 550, 5 property cap. Although 500 would be fine too.

6. Lord Taliesin

Lord Taliesin Seasoned Veteran

I asked about imbueing Fey Slayer at a meet and greet a few months ago, Mesanna said it'll be in the next publish/expansion.

7. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Oh good. Hopefully they don't forget about it

8. BeaIank

BeaIank Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

I hope so as well.
    It will open interesting possibilities.

9. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Oh I agree as well.... and I agree that arifacts and mini-artifacts ought to be imbuable.. afterall there is a cap on imbuing items so it's not like you can make them uber or overpowered.

And I still think that spellbooks ought to be able to be imbued or at least you ought to be able to "craft" slayer books and stuff... The arguement that if they made spellbooks imbuable that then the inscriptionists wouldn't have any use is dumb.... is the blacksmith any less useful since you can imbue anything he makes? NO. You still need spellbooks to imbue... you still need scrolls to put in a spellbook... you still need bod books and other things so ..... the argument is just plain silly. Also we need to be able to make spellbooks for spellweaving and inscribe spellweaving scrolls, we can make books for mysticism and necromancy there is NO reason to not be able to make spellbooks for spellweaving..... and that stupid required quest needs to go AWAY. We need to be able to choose spellweaving from the start... dumbest thing ever.

10. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I dont think all slayers should exist as imbuing. i know fey slayer is supposed to be added, but honestly LESS slayers would be more beneficial to the game imo.

Throwers are already overpowered, a fey slayer will make them just even more powerful for all situations. untill a mage has a way to do over 200 damage every 1.5 seconds i dont see the need for more slayers to imbue

11. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

There is a throwing Fey Slayer... you get it from the Quest for Queen Zhah.

Smoot likes this.
  12. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

yes, but its not worth using. you do more damage with a soulglaive with mana leech and ai.

13. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Throwers really aren't that overpowered in PvM anymore honestly. No extra HCI, soul glaive isn't undeniably better than a composite bow...

14. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

i see it as better becuase you dont have to either sacrifice weapon stats for balanced to use pots, or switch in and out your balanced weapon. its also much easier to reforge overcapped mana leech with runic hammers than runic fletcher kits. but agreed, in very casual situations archery is same damage output as throwing.

15. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Also not to mention that with 30 SSI on a ranged weapon you have pretty low mana leech.

16. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

you can actually reforge for 50 mana leech with 30 ssi. the overcap is invisible tho until you imbue it. its not hard to "guess" which ones have gotten the hidded overcap because they will be light on other mods. far less than 100 on melee, but also noticably more powerful than imbualbe 34ish.

17. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

50 is still pretty crap but not awful.

Also throwers generally only get the 200 skill point special move mana cost reduction, not the 300, so that's another thing.

18. Dot_Warner

Dot_Warner Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Britain [BRIT]

:postcount: Agreed!

19. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Somebody's never taken a necro mage to Lady M it seems

20. Sunseri

Sunseri Journeyman

What I would like to see added to Imbuing is the option to add more mods to shields and the ability to make weapons 100% of a certain element. So let's say I want to craft and imbue a melee weapon to more effectively kill blood elementals, I would start by imbuing the slayer property and then change the 100% physical damage of the weapon to 100% fire elemental damage. Maybe include the alchemists conflag/greater conflag potions, for example, as an item that is needed to make it.

21. Merlin

Merlin The Enchanter
    Moderator Professional Campaign Patron UWF

I agree with making Fey Slayer an imbue-able property, but leave artifacts alone otherwise. Be careful what you wish for, because I can already see the threads to the tone of "item X is too over-powered now that the developers changed everything. they can never get anything right!" or people complaining about how their individual class or play-style didn't get an upgrade.

22. TimberWolf

TimberWolf Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Um you can do this...I do it every day...I make 100% elemental damage slayers bows and weapons. It takes some resources but you can do it...

23. egglett

egglett Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

copied from a post by Warrick :

To make 100% Elemental Damage weapon:
    -Craft weapon with normal iron using normal Smith's tool
    -Then re-forge the weapon using a Shadow Runic Hammer with these settings (will use 4 charges):
    • Powerful Re-Forging
    • Grand Artifice
    • Inspired Artifice
    • Choose Name >> Exquisite Quality
    About 1 out of 20 or so attempts will produce 100% elemental damage.
    A personal observation: For some reason 100% Energy damage seems to be the hardest to obtain.

TIP: If the re-forge attempt produces a 60% Fire damage or 80% Cold damage weapon you can still get to 100% if you enhance it with special iron. So, let's say your re-forge attempt produces a weapon with 60% Fire elemental damage... no problem, enhance the weapon with Bronze Iron to give it an additional 40% boost to bring it to 100%. For Cold, enhance with Shadow Iron to boost Cold damage by an additional 20%. Those are the only two (Fire and Cold) where you can cheat a little with enhancing.

After you produce your 100% elemental weapon then use POF and Imbue as desired.

24. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I don't think it will overpower any artifact, honestly. All the ones currently used are well over the cap already, and the ones that are below it are mostly garbage as is. It'll simply make them usable.

Spock's Beard likes this.
  25. Merlin

Merlin The Enchanter
    Moderator Professional Campaign Patron UWF

I understand that and totally agree that some artifacts are total garbage and could use an upgrade. I am also of the mindset that the developers probably have their hands quite full now with upcoming expansion work and am willing to wait to see what this brings about before asking for any additional major changes like the ability to alter artifacts. If they create a few additional imbue-able properties like Fey slayer, I will take that as a small victory and be happy with it for the time being.

26. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I guess you're right about the new expansion additions, we'll see soon (tm). I just figured it'd be a very very easy thing to add, since it was already in the game once.

27. Poo

Poo The Grandest of the PooBah’s
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor 4H

found this one day, found it amusing.
    from back in the days when you could imbue anything that wasnt nailed down.

[​IMG]