1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

[Magery] Necro/Mage for pvm queries help

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by lancelot99, Aug 7, 2012.

1. lancelot99

lancelot99 Guest

Im making a Necro mage for pvm (no pvp) and wondered what spell combos people use?

Reading spell details it seems i should ...

1. get into wrath form for mana leech with spells
    2. shadow wisp
    3. cast Evil omen (for dmage increase)

4? Flame strike? strangle? wither? energy bolt?
    Totally lost on this one.. which is the main damage spells of this template i should be using?

All advice appreciated :)
  2. Driven Insane

Mar 12, 2012
    The biggest thing about playing a mage of any type in PvM is you need to know what your opponent's weakest resist is along with using the appropriate slayer type.

For example, if you're fighting Navery.
    Use a spider slayer (not arachnid) for triple damage. Her lowest resist is fire, so casting corpse skin will lower it further. Then it's fireball and flamestrike.
    #2 Driven Insane, Aug 7, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
  3. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Aug 17, 2007

Ideally get a nice collection of slayer books and use these when fighting. Also as above, use the correct spells to target the weakest resist.

Flamestrike is my favourite.
  4. PlayerSkillFTW

PlayerSkillFTW Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

May 12, 2008
    One of the big problems, is that unfortunately, Slayer Spellbooks have absolutely no effect on Necro spells.