1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Necro/mage question.

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by Oriana, May 14, 2008.

1. Oriana

Oriana Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I have a mage that has an extra 50 or so points to play with, she's 120 mage, spellweaving and med and 115 evalint, (at least until i find another 120). I keep hearing necro would be a good thing to add. Question is though. Do you have to add SS as well or can you just operate necro without it?

If some of you don't mind sharing a few Templates with me I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,
    Oriana

2. Drowy

Drowy Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

PvP or PvM?

3. Oriana

Oriana Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

mostly pvm

4. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Most of the spells require both, near as I can remember.

You'd about be better off adding 50 spirit speak to heal from your kills, and if you want to cast necro stuff, raise your skill through items alone (Bloodwood Spirit, necro jewelry) to about the same level.

Personally, I'd find 50 Chivalry more useful. Put some gold into tithing, and you have
    1. the ability to heal & recall without regs or LRC, after taking a dirtnap and getting rezzed
    2. the ability to remove curse
    3. a faster means of curing than arch cure, that is more powerful than normal cure
    4. if you hold one of the -0 mage weapons, it will also boost your self-defense/last-ditch attack abilities with consecrate weapon and divine fury to refresh your stamina and give more HCI.
    Plus, your LRC applies (as long as you keep the minimum tithing to cast the spell once), as well as your LMC (at 40% LMC remove curse takes only 12 mana, and the 30-40 point healing close wounds only takes 6 - compare that to the same healing from a couple normal heals for similar mana)

5. Drowy

Drowy Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I am wondering what your other skills are. You got Magery, Spellweaing, Eval Int and Meditation. Thats 480 skillpoints. With the 50 free thats 530. Still some points missing.

But one possible template would be

Magery
    Eval Int
    Meditation
    Spellweaving
    Necro
    Spirit Speak

or

Magery
    Eval Int
    Meditation
    Spellweaving
    Resisting Spells
    Inscription/Chivalry
    if Chivalry rest Focus

6. Oriana

Oriana Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Sorry Didn't think about the others.
    Blonde moment.
    She's 120 Mage SW and med (with spellwoven britches, 115 natural), 115 eval (waiting for that 120) 100 inscript and then my iffy ones 100 focus and 50 Resist spells.

Thanks for everyone's input so far!

Ori

7. Hunters Moon

Hunters Moon Guest

Here is my Necro/Nox Mage template that I do very well with in PvM.

Mage 115
    Eval 115
    Med 115
    Necro 115
    SS 115
    Poisoning 100

I am waiting for 120's as well. Thats why my template isn't finished completely.

8. Setanta

Setanta Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Necro requires bad carma to be very effective. This can be a problem if you ever have to be around Pixies. While it does seem to add a little to some spells, the main value of SS is to heal. You can do that just as well with magery. As was mentioned, Chivalry might be a better shoice, especially if good carma is important to your char.

9. Still Frame

Still Frame Guest

mage
    eval
    med
    necro
    spiritspeak
    spellweaving
    scribe

Very hard hitting or drop scribe for resist (i hate playing a char without resist)

10. WildWobble

WildWobble Sage
    Stratics Veteran

take that 50 spare points and put it all into wrestleing!!! you will love the added defence it provides you with while useing a scrappers or a good spellbook!! free up another 20 points and you can disarm players and ninja alike (good for trav runs them ninja are quite useless once thier weapon is gone) no you wont need tactics!! mage without wrestle needs a mage weapon or they will get hit alot (depending on your avoidance of monster skills of course) but if you are sick of allways running away try out some wrestleing skills *ps* Defencive wrestle is neet also which is 1/2 your eval and anat skill combined to give you a defencive wrestle its neet but i like pure wrestle over getting anat!

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!